Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Right had my boost solenoid replaced a couple of months back for a low boost issue.

So now i some times get a quarter in 1st and second is this torque limiting? 2nd i dont get full boost till 4k+ some times. and in 3rd and higher when i back off the boost gauge will spike up and sometimes into the red is this normal?

Cheers

Lewis

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
completely standard shouldnt go over 0.65 bar, maybe by a needle width over half way, if its hitting the red its overboosting for the std map so its prob the boost solenoid again

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on full throttle it will surge to just over half then settle at half, if you take your foot off the accelerator the boost gauge will spike up into 3/4 sometimes into the red i will try get a video of it at some point i think i could be through another solenoid

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
on full throttle it will surge to just over half then settle at half, if you take your foot off the accelerator the boost gauge will spike up into 3/4 sometimes into the red i will try get a video of it at some point i think i could be through another solenoid
sounds like classic boost solenoid issues to me

correct boost but spiking on lift off the the tell tale sign. Do you have warranty on the part?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i bought the car from evans halshaw had that replaced within my 3 month warranty period but i will go down and say well you replaced the part 2 months back and its gone already this is shoddy. this
car is eating boost solenoids!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mine is doing exactly the same, i had only had my ST a week when i had to replace the solenoid, the other night i lost my boost whilst in 4th gear and it wouldn't go over 1/4 boost until i had pulled over and turned off and restarted the engine, since then its been giving the classic boost spikes when coming off the throttle sharply.

I need to nip down to Collins at some point to get a few things looked at but that will give me the chance to get the latest generation IPD solenoid done

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get the ipd from Collins. 90 quid they sell it for I think. Relatively easy to fit aswell.

It's a lot stronger valve. Good for if your planning remap etc in the future.

Phil

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will see if evans halshaw will warrant a replacement as the parts only two months old! if not i will have to wait till pay day and look at a IPD one. Potentially could be a very expensive month car tax, Boost solenioid

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Mine seems like that....sometimes its doesnt "boost" in third til 5k!....i have had the solenoid replaced once already

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,

I own a 2009 ST225 and since I have it I've noticed that sometimes on 1st, 2nd gear boost does not build to the top.
This also happens on 3rd and 4th sometimes, between 2000-4000 rpm. If I floor it when engine is under 2000 or over 4000 I see normal boost.
If I floor it when between 2000-4000 boost builds very slow to half way and when engine reaches 4000 it goes to normal again.

Another thing I notice is that the boost is always OK if I drive hard & fast for a while. If I switch to normal old-lady-driving, boost control adapts and becomes lazy as already described above.

Should I look into BCV? Or is it the gate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not owns my 2006 st very long but got an esp that started coming and going now on all the time and car has started to boost into the red at about 4000 rpm and then dump gases, help lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts