Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have been looking on Youtube at similar cars and the needle on my gauges doesnt go as far. So its back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i thoght it was sorted but tonight i gave it some beans and the boost gauge didnt even get to halfway. Back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,409 Posts
Thats annoying, maybe you need to do a smoke test to see if there are any boost or vac leaks.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,409 Posts
Basically, they blow some sort of non toxic smoke or steam into the inlet tract, with a machine, which then reveals if there is a leak in any of the hoses, joints, intercooler or inlet system, as you can see the smoke escape, there are videos on YouTube showing you how to diy the job at home with rudimentary household products.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Basically, they blow some sort of non toxic smoke or steam into the inlet tract, with a machine, which then reveals if there is a leak in any of the hoses, joints, intercooler or inlet system, as you can see the smoke escape, there are videos on YouTube showing you how to diy the job at home with rudimentary household products.
Ok thanks we are on isolation at the moment,my youngest foster boy came home from school with Covid so the car will have to wait a couple of weeks.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts