Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Not sure if anyone has had a similar issue or not, have been trying to search but can't find the problem i'm having - where the boost gauge is not moving at all?!

I also feel a turbo lag or something where the car is trying to pull away but jerks before it eventually does.

Anyone have any ideas what may be the issue? I'm planning on taking to garage to get it diagnosed but before they tell me I need a new turbo or something i thought I'd see if someone with more experience would be able to help. Many thanks!

Happy new year!

·
Registered
649 Posts
its more than likely your boost solenoid. £53 or there about from ford or you can buy upgraded ones for around the £80 mark. check your boost hoses aswell make sure theres no leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more than likely be the boost solenoid, its a common problem, and relatively cheap part at £40-50

to the forum by the way
Thanks for the response and the welcome.

I'll mention this when I take the car, really hope its not anything major.

Love the car more then anything!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you sure it doesnt move at all.. not just say up to 1/3 ? car could be in limp mode.
No doesn't move at all, thats the thing, most issues i've seen is where the needle only moves to 1/3 the way, mine doesn't get past 0

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a similar issue at the moment where the car is jerking all the time i apply the throttle. renewed the turbo solonoid a couple of weeks ago was running fine untill this morning & now the boost gauge doesnt move in the slightest. looks like im gna have to get it in the air again & check it all over i think :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any fix for this? I've just put a new boost solenoid in and the gauge sits at 0 does move a tiny bit when you first turn the car on though

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cars seems quite urgent to 3k revs and I can hear the turbo spooling up to 3k however after that performance wise it's like driving a diesel boost gauge doesn't move what so ever.

I'm guessing this is limp mode? Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a bit of an update the car is boosting now and needle moving as it should be. However when sat in traffic not on boost the needle is sat at about 0.3 bar any ideas on this? Is it worth taking map and maf sensor out and cleaning?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just a bit of an update the car is boosting now and needle moving as it should be. However when sat in traffic not on boost the needle is sat at about 0.3 bar any ideas on this? Is it worth taking map and maf sensor out and cleaning?
did you get to the botom of the reason why it was not boosting,,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts