Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months of being undecided about where to get my car mapped and what route to go down, dreamscience superchips ect.... ive decided to have the cp320 map at collins. while the old girl is there its also getting a full mongoose exhaust dp and decat. even the misses is looking forward to having the work done as its her daily runner for work, its booked in for next friday morning and really looking forward to what the car will drive like after the exhaust and map are on the car, already have a gen 3 intercooler on the car but only a K&N pannel filter atm.

Ill be keeping my eyes peeled for a induction kit after xmas when i have some more funds, i had an as cais on my pervious st but never really noticed any extra performance when i had it put on, i do like the sound that the dreamscience induction kit makes so i think ill go for that, then ill get the car on the rollers to she what its actually producing in terms on BHP and torque im hoping its will be quite good as the car standard from some reason seems to be quite quick for a standard st.

ill get some pics up of the mods and give her a good clean if its stops
raining.....

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate im sure i have make the right choice cant wait to see what it will drive like
santa coming a few days early.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I'm guessing your car doesn't currently have a map on. Prepare to be absolutely floored about how much your car is changed by the map

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'm guessing your car doesn't currently have a map on. Prepare to be absolutely floored about how much your car is changed by the map
cheers buddy my previous st had the collins stage 1 map and i never had any problems.....i know im going to need a rs dmf amd clutch soon so ill be saving the pennys after xmas for it, just hope it lasts a few weeks lol

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
cheers buddy my previous st had the collins stage 1 map and i never had any problems.....i know im going to need a rs dmf amd clutch soon so ill be saving the pennys after xmas for it, just hope it lasts a few weeks lol
Aww, it's not quite the same then. When I had the Stage 2 map put on it was the first time I'd driven a mapped turbo car. The difference was like day and night!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Aww, it's not quite the same then. When I had the Stage 2 map put on it was the first time I'd driven a mapped turbo car. The difference was like day and night!
Dont think I will ever get sick of this stage 2 collins map. Throttle response is practically instant and the power is so smooth and linear it is fantastic. When you think the car is about to stop pulling it just carries on.

I was toying with a trip to colins next friday as well. The thought of getting the full mongoose has won me over as well. You got uprated exhaust system then martin? Just wondered if I can expect to feel noticeable power gains with it compared to standard? Also what is the deal with decats and MOT's?

·
Registered
614 Posts
simple mate, decat = MOT FAIL,keep your cat and change over at mot time, or get a sport cat

i need a trip to collins in the new year

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
You got uprated exhaust system then martin? Just wondered if I can expect to feel noticeable power gains with it compared to standard? Also what is the deal with decats and MOT's?
Nope, running a de-res and decat at the moment. Downpipe is coming after the intercooler in the new year. Sounds fantastic enough as it is so will be leaving the catback til last. Decat made a noticeable difference in power, but I was coming from a standard cat before that. MOTs aren't a problem for me, I know plenty of people

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks chaps. downpipe, sports cat and cat back it is for me then. Not too fussed about noise, I am 'secret modding' anyway, lol. Any big performance difference between running decat and sports cat?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm looking at going down the CP route, car is standard atm. What other mods do I need to get before getting the CP320 map put on the car? Would dp+decat and dsci be ok to start with?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had the CP320 fitted on 17th Nov. In hindsight I was I hadn't bothered with decat and DV. Budget for clutch upgrade too.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I had the CP320 fitted on 17th Nov. In hindsight I was I hadn't bothered with decat and DV. Budget for clutch upgrade too.
The DV I can understand, but the decat? It sounds amazing! I'm presuming you're running on the standard cat-back? If so, de-res it and it becomes a whole new animal. I heard someone at the RR at Motorscope a couple of weeks back and was surprised at how much difference there is with the rear silencer in. It seems that:
Decat but no deres = Quiet
Deres but no decat = Quiet
Deres+Decat = ANIMAL.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The DV I can understand, but the decat? It sounds amazing! I'm presuming you're running on the standard cat-back? If so, de-res it and it becomes a whole new animal. I heard someone at the RR at Motorscope a couple of weeks back and was surprised at how much difference there is with the rear silencer in. It seems that:
Decat but no deres = Quiet
Deres but no decat = Quiet
Deres+Decat = ANIMAL.
Running a full resonated system, dp decat and resonated cat back. Its pretty boomy, which I've got used to, and it does sound pretty good. Can't beat the flames on full throttle changes. Problem is that the car is due its first MOT in March, so the cat will have to go back on.

What is probably more acccurate is 'I wish I'd have got a 100 cell sports cat instead'...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your gonna enjoy driving it on the 29th Gaz!
nice 1 nick
ive just brought powerflex wishbone bushes for the front lower bones as there is a heck of play in them after checking them on sunday...£63 delivered from flie bay.......so hopefully ill get them on thursday to fit on friday afternoon, atm the steering is allover the place, really fighting with it even with only a dap on the power, also im thinking the falken 453 tyres i had on last month are causing a bit of it too ......

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
also im thinking the falken 453 tyres i had on last month are causing a bit of it too ......
I'm an advocate of buying proper rubber, as most people will know. Torque steer through lack of grip could we be caused by shoddy tyres. The 453s supposedly did worse than their predecessors on tests I believe?

Goodyear Eagle F1s can be had for £101.49 a corner from LoveTyres

http://lovetyres.com/tyre/Goodyear-Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-2/225-40-18

Only £12 more per corner than what the 453s are.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm an advocate of buying proper rubber, as most people will know. Torque steer through lack of grip could we be caused by shoddy tyres. The 453s supposedly did worse than their predecessors on tests I believe?

Goodyear Eagle F1s can be had for £101.49 a corner from LoveTyres

http://lovetyres.com...ric-2/225-40-18

Only £12 more per corner than what the 453s are.
im on 19" rs wheels mate

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well that scuppers things doesn't it

£35.38 more per corner in that case
tell me about it just spent £540 on all 4 corners and £75 for 4 wheel laser alignment, tbh i didnt have any problems with the steering until i had the tires changed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts