Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to find out whether the bonnet catch can be disabled all together? Im having constant bother with mines, tried the "how to" for getting it open......it didnt work and i also bought a whole new bonnet catch incuding white plastic clip for it
. I never have like using the key to open the bonnet so was thinking about going down the line of aero catches, might not be to everyones taste but i think they might (thats a big might lol) work better

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just a quick question to find out whether the bonnet catch can be disabled all together? Im having constant bother with mines, tried the "how to" for getting it open......it didnt work and i also bought a whole new bonnet catch incuding white plastic clip for it
. I never have like using the key to open the bonnet so was thinking about going down the line of aero catches, might not be to everyones taste but i think they might (thats a big might lol) work better
I'd much prefer aerocatches too mate. Really bugs me having to use my key and im always worried it's gonna break off in there too. If you do go for the catches would like to see how you did it etc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Having to use the key to open the bonnet annoys me also as if you want to get in the bonnet while the car is running my instinct is always, start the car then open the bonnet only to realise you need the key, so you have to turn the engine off, open the bonnet then restart the car.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Id like to have a conventional pull lever inside the car as well. I guess anyone who's had the bonnet latch fail on them will say the same.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my 3rd assembly from fraud, luckily they keep exchanging it under warranty, they deffo like to be left alone so fragile. I've made a de badged grill temporary measure till I fit new one this afternoon, good shout on the American model latch, will be looking into that I think, can't face keep breaking into my own bonnet! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts