Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good job, next on my list for me, just done the Shark fin aerial replacement on mine too, looks great
Am I right in thinking that no drilling is required, and that holes already exist for fitting?

·
Premium Member
Steve Mk3.5 MP/275
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Swifty1 Got mine to do... how long did it take you?
Took about 30 min a side mate got to remove some plastic trim for the bottom mount,

bit fiddly just take time with it :D

Good job, next on my list for me, just done the Shark fin aerial replacement on mine too, looks great Am I right in thinking that no drilling is required, and that holes already exist for fitting?
Your right mate no drilling required just some longer bolts needed but these are part of the kit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Took about 30 min a side mate got to remove some plastic trim for the bottom mount,

Your right mate no drilling required just some longer bolts needed but these are part of the kit.
Cheers swifty much appreciated
Shark fin conversion, no issues with DAB radio, approx £50 from paintmodz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Yes, highly recommend the aerial. Proper job, even on DAB
How easy it that to fit? Looks like you'd have to get the headliner out?

Cool. Think I was the first person to find these and post about them on RSOC... since then, everyone seems to be selling them and I've still not even fitted mine! :lol:

·
Premium Member
Steve Mk3.5 MP/275
780 Posts
How easy it that to fit? Looks like you'd have to get the headliner out ?

Cool. Think I was the first person to find these and post about them on RSOC... since then, everyone seems to be selling them and I've still not even fitted mine! :lol:
Don`t need to take the headliner out mate it connects to original aerial base easy job :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Easy to fit, unless you're a shortarse like me :lol: . Just unscrew the aerial, good degrease around the base, connect the wiring and take your time to make sure the new base is square.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,183 Posts
Yes Paul, as people say - it is a doddle to fit - all parts supplied (threaded stud and nut)

Unscrew old aerial, replace with provided threaded stud, fit aerial cable eyelet , secure with supplied nut to the stud.

I just lined it up prior to fitting cable with couple bits masking tape first, and also slit the backing of the 3m tape in one place so I could peel it off just before placement

·
Premium Member
Steve Mk3.5 MP/275
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good job, next on my list for me, just done the Shark fin aerial replacement on mine too, looks great Am I right in thinking that no drilling is required, and that holes already exist for fitting?
Another nice little mod Scott wiper jets colour coded also from paintmodz :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts