Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about this after reading about it in a thread about induction noise. I have MR290 (K&N Pannel) so all I am going to get is more engine noise but just wondered what the pros and cons might be and can it be put back in easily enough?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I thought the same reading that thread which got me thinking about removing mine. Very interested to hear what people have to say

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far found paint discolouration & fire suppresent being banded about - may just leave it in place for the sake of a little extra noise...

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Alan I left mine off for ages it did no damage at all. The RS doesnt have one fitted as standard. To be honest I didnt like the extra noise. I want to hear proper engine grunt from my exaust not wheezing and sucking induction noise. I had enough of that from twin choke Webers with K&N's in my younger days lol

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers - may have a look at it to see whats involved and try it for a week or two - but with E.White I think any discolouration will be painfully obvious so prob not run the risk.

That and I pref the exhaust noise anyway - may remove the back seats

·
Registered
964 Posts
Lol where did you get that info? I had a fiesta st for nearly 2 years in frozen white, I didn't have the under bonnet insulation on once. I'd be very surprised if you got the engine hot enough to cause that kind of damage and if you did I'd be looking at why your engine is that hot rather than worry about the bonnet...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Cheers - may have a look at it to see whats involved and try it for a week or two - but with E.White I think any discolouration will be painfully obvious so prob not run the risk.

Your car would look great with some bonnet vents Alan

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Google - Ford mustang form - better safe than sorry

Rs vents - no - its not an RS so why bother

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Thinking about this after reading about it in a thread about induction noise. I have MR290 (K&N Pannel) so all I am going to get is more engine noise but just wondered what the pros and cons might be and can it be put back in easily enough?
I'll tell thee from experience.
Its not worth wasting the energy!
All you will get is a noisier car on tickover.
You will gain nothing else unless you have one of those silly slurpy whistling ind kits!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts

Davy's and Julians RS's aint got soundproofing on Alan. It wont harm your paintwork.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't understand how its supposed to make induction louder for the driver? The only people who should notice a difference would be people outside the car.

Strange.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I don't understand how its supposed to make induction louder for the driver? The only people who should notice a difference would be people outside the car.

Strange.
I only noticed the extra noise on tickover stood still and as Stevie says you can just hear the tappets slightly, its certainly not a more powerful sound lol.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have not had mine on the car for well over 4 years and my bonnet is still perfect, if your engine was generating enough heat to damage the paint I would be more worried about the engine melting than the paint.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I took mine off it was most probably my thread you saw, It made one hell of a difference to the induction noise and the engine growl, it was x2 louder, tick over sounded the same really. I wont be putting it back on, the bonnet dont even get hot it get a like warm, not sure what it will be like in the summer tho. But with that sound proofing on I bet it holds alot of heat in the engine bay. Alot of cars dont have them. I thought it was only diesels that had them becuase on the noise they make

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I took mine off it was most probably my thread you saw, It made one hell of a difference to the induction noise and the engine growl, it was x2 louder, tick over sounded the same really. I wont be putting it back on, the bonnet dont even get hot it get a like warm, not sure what it will be like in the summer tho. But with that sound proofing on I bet it holds alot of heat in the engine bay. Alot of cars dont have them. I thought it was only diesels that had them becuase on the noise they make
Do you just pull at the clips, or is there a special way to get it off?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts