Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Portslade panel works in Hove, the scratches arent the problem its the dent whole door needs to come off and be resprayed then the door needs to be blended in with the rear quater. Colour match is guarenteed, also the scratch on the bumper is pretty deep.

Prob not going to bother with it, still need to get in touch with dents....

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i reckon a dent guy would get that dent out mate for about £60

will be nice to have a mint car again though wont it..

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update just had a bloke from dentz come over, for all the scrtahces and dent it will be £103 inc VAT

They wont be respraying any panels, will do a polish and touch up, the stone chip wont be 100% gone but will only be visible when looking close up at the car.

Am pleased with this so will be getting it done lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
so can you just go to one of those chips away places and get scatches done GOOD? i have a scratch on my roof and one by the filler cap that i want to get done, also was thinking about getting the bonnet and front bumper blown over to get rid of the stone chips. i know they will only come back but the bug me when i am waxing it

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so can you just go to one of those chips away places and get scatches done GOOD? i have a scratch on my roof and one by the filler cap that i want to get done, also was thinking about getting the bonnet and front bumper blown over to get rid of the stone chips. i know they will only come back but the bug me when i am waxing it

Research your local chips away place as its a franchise, I went to them and they wanted to respray the bumper and the door, same as the other place. I will post pics when its done, but the chip above the wheel would need the whole wing to be sprayed to be completely gone, I am just having it touched up so wont be so visible.

I am using a local company called dentz (Paintz), might be one local to you?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
let me see some pics when hes done mate
as i own a chipsaway franchise
i do alot of this type of thing to "take your eye off" it. and would like to see some other peoples work. dont see why chipsaway wanted to paint it though. i just do what the customer wants.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I had dent removed last year after a parking meter ran out in front of me, went to cleam clean in Southdown View Road and got it sorted for £200, that included the dent removal and respray.

Check out the pic attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 16 Feb 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>let me see some pics when hes done mate
as i own a chipsaway franchise
i do alot of this type of thing to "take your eye off" it. and would like to see some other peoples work. dont see why chipsaway wanted to paint it though. i just do what the customer wants.

Yeah I dunno why they did that either, I think the guys that run ours are ok but have too much work on at any 1 time.... So things get missed, I just asked them what they could do and he went stright for a respray! Will deffo put some pictures up will be at the beginning of march though.

Gleam clean are quite good round here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Ryan @ 18 Feb 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any news Lewis on when your having the work done matey?

Not sure yet as got to pay for a new carpet in my room and thats costing a bit more than I budgeted for, will prob be April time i get the car done...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts