Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiall

not sure if this is in the right section but im having body work done to my car on the insurance i went to the garage to find out the progress of my car and they said that it was in the paint shop being prept for painting but they didnt say how long it would take does any1 know how long it would take to prep and spray the car before it would be ready for me to have back?? also if its in the paint shop would all the parts needed be fitted??

thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
it would depend on what damage there was to the vehicle ,what parts are beeing removed /refitted,so dont see how anyone can give you an answer as your discrition is very vague as to whats beeing done etc etc .

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 20 Dec 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it would depend on what damage there was to the vehicle ,what parts are beeing removed /refitted,so dont see how anyone can give you an answer as your discrition is very vague as to whats beeing done etc etc .

ok soz its having a new front bumper,new side skirts and a new wheel and then both sides of the car are being re-sprayed so it all blends in if its in the paint shop would these parts be fitted already?? and would it take long to do the spraying??

thanks

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 20 Dec 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok soz its having a new front bumper,new side skirts and a new wheel and then both sides of the car are being re-sprayed so it all blends in if its in the paint shop would these parts be fitted already?? and would it take long to do the spraying??

thanks

Bumper and skirts will be sprayed off the car.

Quite a lot to do so I would say you wont be getting it back this year

HTH

Nick

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Yours is Moondust Silver as well isn't it?

Very difficult to colour match (probably second only to Electric Orange) - I suspect they will be there for a while "blending" to get it to match the surrounding panels.

Even then, they may not be 100% successful - something to look closely at when you go to pick up the car...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 21 Dec 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yours is Moondust Silver as well isn't it?

Very difficult to colour match (probably second only to Electric Orange) - I suspect they will be there for a while "blending" to get it to match the surrounding panels.

Even then, they may not be 100% successful - something to look closely at when you go to pick up the car...

yeah moondust silver so would they spray the bumper and skirts first and then put them on the car and spray the rest of the car to match the bumper and skirts? would i not get it back b4 xmas?? i know its not an easy job to do as when they did work on it b4 the drivers door didnt match the rest of the car and it was really noticeable which was really annoying

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 21 Dec 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah moondust silver so would they spray the bumper and skirts first and then put them on the car and spray the rest of the car to match the bumper and skirts? would i not get it back b4 xmas?? i know its not an easy job to do as when they did work on it b4 the drivers door didnt match the rest of the car and it was really noticeable which was really annoying

No idea HOW they would do it - I just know MS is a pig of a colour to get right.

Particularly if they are only painting a portion of the car.

I'm in a "similar" predicament. I'm desperately trying to get my daughter's car back from the bodyshop before Xmas - it's kind of "hurry up and wait". Very frustrating.

Hope you get your car back soon matey.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Paintshops wouldnt normally paint these items on the car,

A few of my mates work in the body/paint industry and they usually paint them off the car then fit them, the same as they usually dont blend the car when fitting skirts/bumpers etc.

Not sure why, but plastic parts painted with the same paint that you paint the metal parts with always turn out a slightly different shade, especially when using water based paint.

They may have to blend the motor if it sticks out like a sore thumb, in that case they would paint them on the car.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 22 Dec 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Paintshops wouldnt normally paint these items on the car,

A few of my mates work in the body/paint industry and they usually paint them off the car then fit them, the same as they usually dont blend the car when fitting skirts/bumpers etc.

Not sure why, but plastic parts painted with the same paint that you paint the metal parts with always turn out a slightly different shade, especially when using water based paint.

They may have to blend the motor if it sticks out like a sore thumb, in that case they would paint them on the car.

hi m8 thanks for the reply do u know how long it would take to finish the car or does it depend on the paint match??

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts