Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am need of some recommendations for a body repair centre in Manchester.

Just over a week ago I managed to clip the rear passenger wing of my ST against a pillar in the car park for the appartments where I live, and have managed to mildly dent the wheel arch and put a big scrape down the side.

Initially thoughts were (apart from thinking what a
I'd been) that I was looking at a bill of about £400. Just been down to the Polar Ford repair centre and they have quoted me just over £900!!

While I understand that the paint needs blending down the wing of the car, the actual size of the damage is probably 40cm's at the very most. The quote I have is fairly detailed and includes one day to strip the side of the car and beat out the dent, and then one day to spray the car and put everything back on.

If £900 is the going rate then I will have to pay it, but what I really need to do is get some more quotes from independent repair centres.

Thanks in advance

Zetec-s

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE(Zetec-s @ 5 Dec 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

Just over a week ago I managed to clip the rear passenger wing of my ST against a pillar in the car park for the appartments where I live, and have managed to mildly dent the wheel arch and put a big scrape down the side.

I'd been) that I was looking at a bill of about £400. Just been down to the Polar Ford repair centre and they have quoted me just over £900!!

While I understand that the paint needs blending down the wing of the car, the actual size of the damage is probably 40cm's at the very most. The quote I have is fairly detailed and includes one day to strip the side of the car and beat out the dent, and then one day to spray the car and put everything back on.

If £900 is the going rate then I will have to pay it, but what I really need to do is get some more quotes from independent repair centres.

Thanks in advance

Zetec-s

I used Lancashire Motor Bodies near the city centre but while I was happy with the end result, a mysterious dent appeared on the hire car I was given and I was charged £150 to get that sorted. No memory of that accident but there you go.

Should I ever need a paint job again, I will use a place called David Herd's in Flixton. Guy called Martin is very good indeed and loves his fast Fords. He was unavailable when I scratched mine so had to go elsewhere as wanted it fixed quickly!

Contact details. DAVID HERD MOTORS LTD FLIXTON. 62/64 Woodsend Road Flixton Manchester Greater Manchester M41 8GN. Tel: 0161 747 5086 ...

Take it easy

Jc

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used one in Manchester that was recommended by wolfman called Windmill Autos.

They are not cheap but do an excellent job and treat your car with respect. The colour match on my Perf Blue ST was perfect.

It's at:

95 Heaton Street
Denton
M34 3RY

Manager who I dealt with is called Andy. Top bloke to deal with!

Rich

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE(Zetec-s @ 5 Dec 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

Thanks in advance

Zetec-s

where in Cheshire do you live

1 - 6 of 6 Posts