Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last 7 years of VAG cars ive joined the Ford bandwagon with a ST2, not picking it up till Friday but im looking forward to the joys of blue oval ownership.

But my first question is, should I look out for any "common issues" on collection of the car?

Thanks
Morgan

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember waiting a week for my new ST3 (was only 2 weeks ago mind...
) Was torture!

Although once you get it you forget about the wait you've had!

Enjoy mate

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
welcome along to the club mate. biggest problem with the st is heavy right foot syndrome!
this is caused by the aural delights if the 5 pot engine! there is no known fix for this common issue!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
After the last 7 years of VAG cars ive joined the Ford bandwagon with a ST2, not picking it up till Friday but im looking forward to the joys of blue oval ownership.

But my first question is, should I look out for any "common issues" on collection of the car?

Thanks
Morgan
Welcome Morgan

I too was a VAG owner and enthusiast for 6 or more years and you will be glad to know that the
has nowhere near as many "common faults" as the vag cars have. Since owning the ST i regularly go on ukmkivs take the
about the supposed quality German build quality and have a bit of banter with the lads

You wont be dissapointed!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, having had a mk5 golf gti and several 1.8T vag cars, im glad to say the ST definately seemed to have a better note to it thats for sure.

The 1.8T is a great engine just very shy and retiring sound wise, I ended up with the ST after going out in my brother in law's Volvo and being impressed by it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts