Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
ive had bluefin on three cars now and never had any problems,i had it on my previous st for nearly three years and loved it,i take delivery of another st next week and thinking of getting another bluefin although the mountune package sounds good!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any remap makes a big difference on a turboed car. I'd say go for it. It will have the same reliability. If it didn't I wouldn't have done all the mods I've done to mine. 300 is safe for an ST. I think what isn't safe for the ST is people who rag the
out of them, don't service them, don't check oil, brakes, tyres(and buy cheap budget tyres), don't let them warm up and cool down and who don't cherish them like its part of their family.
If I was you and you didn't want to many mods I'd just go for remap and bigger intercooler just for added piece of mind.
But the thing is once you've got a remap you will want all the other mods!

I've never had any problems at all, its like brand new nearly 4 years on. But its quite a bit quicker. Most of that is from the re-map though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(Boovy @ 9 Jan 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any remap makes a big difference on a turboed car. I'd say go for it. It will have the same reliability. If it didn't I wouldn't have done all the mods I've done to mine. 300 is safe for an ST. I think what isn't safe for the ST is people who rag the
out of them, don't service them, don't check oil, brakes, tyres(and buy cheap budget tyres), don't let them warm up and cool down and who don't cherish them like its part of their family.
If I was you and you didn't want to many mods I'd just go for remap and bigger intercooler just for added piece of mind.
But the thing is once you've got a remap you will want all the other mods!

I've never had any problems at all, its like brand new nearly 4 years on. But its quite a bit quicker. Most of that is from the re-map though.

well put, can only agree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.