Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a sports cat on my car which I swapped for a decat on x-mas eve. Driving along today and the light came on, I thought Bluefin stopped this from happening but am now wondering if it's only stage 3 that does. Could someone with experience of running stage 2 with a decat confirm that the light does in fact come on, just want to make sure nothing is wrong! I have checked the code and it is the P0420 one which relates to the cat.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Yep, P0420 is the decat error code.

I thought Bluefin cleared it too.

Maybe it's worth returning to standard and remapping to check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a sports cat on my car which I swapped for a decat on x-mas eve. Driving along today and the light came on, I thought Bluefin stopped this from happening but am now wondering if it's only stage 3 that does. Could someone with experience of running stage 2 with a decat confirm that the light does in fact come on, just want to make sure nothing is wrong! I have checked the code and it is the P0420 one which relates to the cat.

Thanks
HI there have decat on my st with dreamsience ultra my light comes on ,the code for decat comes up when i turn it off ,i can travel 300 miles and it will be back on .

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
I ran stage 2 yonks ago with a decat and never got a mil light mate.
It was a seperate map though that superchips sent me and I asked for the mil to be deactivated.
Are you using stage 2 from the multi file?

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I ran stage 2 yonks ago with a decat and never got a mil light mate.
It was a seperate map though that superchips sent me and I asked for the mil to be deactivated.
Are you using stage 2 from the multi file?
Was just about to suggest asking Superchips for a modified file.
I'm sure all they'll have to do is tick a box or something.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They sent me the file it's not the one from the multi file, I'll give them a ring and see if they know whether it should or shouldn't be coming on. The car doesn't adjust fuelling or anything daft like that to try and compensate for the high emissions does it? The light doesn't bother me I just don't want it to cause any problems, or be on as a result of a different problem.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have bluefin stage 2 with decat and the light keeps coming back on every 50 miles Ish. I have bought the sensor but just been to lazy to fit.

What bhp would I be getting roughly? With bluefin stage 2 and piper decat? Roughly? I always thought about 255? Maybe 260?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
I have bluefin stage 2 with decat and the light keeps coming back on every 50 miles Ish. I have bought the sensor but just been to lazy to fit.

What bhp would I be getting roughly? With bluefin stage 2 and piper decat? Roughly? I always thought about 255? Maybe 260?
I'd have thought around 260-270bhp mate.
I wouldn't get hung up on figures though as long as its fun.
Intercooler next!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'd have thought around 260-270bhp mate.
I wouldn't get hung up on figures though as long as its fun.
Intercooler next!
Rs clutch, but yeh deffo intercooler with summer coming up! Then stage 3! Does a bigger intercooler improve performace that's noticeable?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'll swap to the multi file when i can be
if its not going to cause me a problem I may just leave it as I should be ordering an intercooler next week and will be moving up to stage 3 anyway. Was there not an issue with using the multi file with one of the versions of the superchips software? I never had the 'my maps' button which there was talk of in previous versions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You need to figure out if its the map or a legit issue tho for sure ?
I don't think it makes any difference, if the multi file map turns the light off it's going to turn it off whether there is an underlying problem causing the light to come on or not.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I don't think it makes any difference, if the multi file map turns the light off it's going to turn it off whether there is an underlying problem causing the light to come on or not.
And I imagine (or more so I hope) it only turns the EML off for that error code.
Surely it doesn't make the light completely redundant?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And I imagine (or more so I hope) it only turns the EML off for that error code.
Surely it doesn't make the light completely redundant?
Yeah that's what I meant, it will tell the car to ignore P0420... i think

1 - 20 of 22 Posts