Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i downloaded the manual at the top of this forum and followed the instructions.

there is no phones bonded to the car so the first step is as follows:-

"to bond a new phone - the bluetooth pin 0000 must be entered into the phone.
when the pin has been exchanged the phone details will be displayed."

now, this is where my problem lies - surely you have to find "new devices" and connect with them before you enter the pin, but when i search for new devices on my phone it is not finding anything.

is there something i need to activate on the car first?

thanks in advance - mo.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
Have you got the ignition switched on i know it sounds daft but people forget and do you have bluetooth in the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 29 Dec 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you got the ignition switched on i know it sounds daft but people forget and do you have bluetooth in the car

ignision is on but engine not running.
bought the car new in 07 st3 with all the trimmings exept for gofaster stripes, salesman said it had bluetooth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Glenster @ 29 Dec 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when i had it in my fez on a newer sony model, you could turn the bluetooth on and off on the headunit.

yeah i tryed going through all the options and menues on the headunit and cant find any ref: to bluetooth

which i thought was an answer in itself but i wanted to make sure i doing everything right - hence this thread.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
More importantly does it list that a Bluetooth Option has been fitted - as the bluetooth in the Focus ST is a seperate module. I suspect not. DVD Sat nav is not a given that it has a handsfree kit (Although it is compatible with one).

What happens when you press phone? Does it say mute on screen? as that will be a good indicator as to if the bluetooth module is plugged in or not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Marc @ 30 Dec 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>More importantly does it list that a Bluetooth Option has been fitted - as the bluetooth in the Focus ST is a seperate module. I suspect not. DVD Sat nav is not a given that it has a handsfree kit (Although it is compatible with one).
i dont know all i could get was the headunit part no
i foun out most of the info on the ford order form

QUOTE(Marc @ 30 Dec 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What happens when you press phone? Does it say mute on screen? as that will be a good indicator as to if the bluetooth module is plugged in or not.
yeah when i hit the phone button it just shows a mute icon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts