Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Ive just bought an ST3 with the Satnav unit installed. All being well i pick the car up next weekend once ive had an inspection done on it.

Couple of questions -

Bluetooth - Is it easy to retrofit and if so at what cost?

iPod - Im aware of the 3.5mm aux connection in the glovebox but is there a way to connect it to the stereo properly so that my ipod charges and can view the track listings on screen, bearing in mind its the satnav unit in the car rather than the standard sony unit. Ive attached a picture of the satnav just incase theres different models etc.

Thanks,

Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
QUOTE(Rustie @ 13 Dec 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys,

Ive just bought an ST3 with the Satnav unit installed. All being well i pick the car up next weekend once ive had an inspection done on it.

Couple of questions -

iPod - Im aware of the 3.5mm aux connection in the glovebox but is there a way to connect it to the stereo properly so that my ipod charges and can view the track listings on screen, bearing in mind its the satnav unit in the car rather than the standard sony unit. Ive attached a picture of the satnav just incase theres different models etc.

Thanks,

Russ

From what i can see from the photo u have the same satnav unit as i do so chances are u will have bluetooth already in it. To get the full functionality of the ipod u will have to change the bluetooth/voice control module that sits behind the glovebox and also add a usb socket. Depending on where u want the usb socket etc to go will depend on what parts u will need. If u dont mind it mounted in the glove box then the module and all the bits u need your looking at a cost of about £260.

If u want an OEM looking install then closer to £300 but a lot more hassle as you have to get all the wiring to the armrest.
Plus im just down the road if u have any probs

Mark

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your helpful replies today Mark.

The car definitely doesn't have a bluetooth module fitted, first thing i did was press the phone button which muted the radio rather than say no phone available. So are there different bluetooth modules? Some with usb some without? If so are they all backwards compatible?

Thanks again for your help,

Russ

·
Registered
694 Posts
Summat for u to try....

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

put in the reg of ur car and it should tell u what was fitted etc to the car when built.

A lot of people have found they have the appropriate wiring loom for things like the bluetooth but are just missing the module and sockets.

There seems to be 2 modules mainly used. a basic bluetooth module or a better spec module with usb support. seems like ford fit the basic one unless u pay through the nose to have the better one with usb along with the sockets fitted,
Mark

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im getting the following info from the reg of the car

QUOTEPrimary Features
Build Date: 11.12.2006
Vehicle Line: Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07
Body Style: 3 Door Saloon
Version: ST
Engine: 2.5L Duratec-ST (220/225PS) - VI5
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual - M66
Drive: RHD FWD
Emission: Stage IV Emissions
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Sea Grey (Metallic)
Interior Fabric: Louis Leather/Ebony

Any further info looks like i have to pay for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE(Rustie @ 13 Dec 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys,

Couple of questions -

Bluetooth is reasonbly easy to fit BUT, as you have DVD satnav, the microphone wiring needs to be modified.

Cost is a major factor, with this upgrade, probably about £350.

There are 2 good HOW TO guides here, if you do decide to retrofit BT, let me know and I'll send you instructions and diagrams for the mic wiring mod.

Please note I'm a Mondeo mk4 owner, so cannot answer fitting questions for the Focus - although the HOW To guides are very comprehensive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you PM me your e-mail address I'll send you :- DVD-nav upto 02/2008 (Mondeo), modified diagram and picture of harness.
Although it's a Mondeo diagram, it has all the relevant info, and is a lot easier to read than a Focus diagram/s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts