Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my iphone connecting to the stereo over bluetooth for the phone no problem, I also am able to pick up the iphone music player on bluetooth aswell which is the problem.

How the heck do I get it so the iphone can be plugged into the usb and the audio jack used so I can actually control the music from the head unit. Over bluetooth it seems I have to control everything from the iphone itself and even when plugged into USB and audio lead the music goes over bluetooth so I cant control what it is playing (unless perhaps I switch to ipod, change track, then switch back to bluetooth input on the stereo)

Any ideas?

Ps - also get a message that this device is not intended to work with iphones, do you want switch to airplane mode - can I disable this message?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to get that but isnt that the same as plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the iphone headphone socket? I think the problem is that the bluetooth picks up the phone for calls but also assumes music will be over the same.

Chances are I am just going to stick music on a USB key anyways and save having to plug anything in (I kinda like the lack of keys anyway so shame to replace that with an iphone cable every day lol)

·
Registered
53 Posts
just reading the thread, if my st-3 dosn't have a usb input is it easy/possible to fit with the dvd sat nav/bluetooth stereo, any help would be gratefully received, at the moment all i can do is receive call through blootooth or play music through the 3.5 jack, and i'd like to control the music through the head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts