Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey just a quick question, i have had stage 1 bluefin and just put on stage 2 and im finding no differance in power, has anybody else found this, im running mongoose catback and k&n 57i gen2, the bloke i spoke to at superchips recommended i go with stage 2 for that and he requested the file for me, so i put it on the car before but like i say i cant really notice any differance in the stage 1. not sure what to do from here, do i go for more mods and stage 3 or do i just get rid of bluefin and go down differant route?

thanks

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
hey just a quick question, i have had stage 1 bluefin and just put on stage 2 and im finding no differance in power, has anybody else found this, im running mongoose catback and k&n 57i gen2, the bloke i spoke to at superchips recommended i go with stage 2 for that and he requested the file for me, so i put it on the car before but like i say i cant really notice any differance in the stage 1. not sure what to do from here, do i go for more mods and stage 3 or do i just get rid of bluefin and go down differant route?

thanks
From memory Bluefin Stage 2 is maybe only 8 bhp more than Stage 1 so if you've done the jump without doing other mods at the same time you may not be able to tell the difference? or could be that cos you're still running the standard downpipe and cat that the map can't achieve it's best?

Of course stage 3 plus big bore downpipe, intercooler and sports cat would be the way forward

·
Registered
477 Posts
i put stage 2 on mine at christmas and i lost loads of power, Jo at superchips was most helpful and finally put my stage 1 back on and its back to being fun again

cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put stage 2 on mine at christmas and i lost loads of power, Jo at superchips was most helpful and finally put my stage 1 back on and its back to being fun again

cheers
lost power? did they not say why this happend, was your car standard apart from the bluefin?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I went from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and the difference is only minimal, I found the difference to be more at the higher end of the rev range.
Alot of people go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and expect the same kinda noticable difference as when they went from stock to Stage 1, but it doesnt work that way.

To answer your question about if you got Sports Cat, DP, I/C and stage 3, then yeah you'll notice the difference there, you should in the region of 20-30 bhp, but again probably wont be as brutal as stock to Stage 1.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try going to stage 3+ (must use 98RON and above) and then you'll notice the massive pulling power. I've tried dropping back to stage 2 once from this level and there is certainly a difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try going to stage 3+ (must use 98RON and above) and then you'll notice the massive pulling power. I've tried dropping back to stage 2 once from this level and there is certainly a difference.
ye mate always on 99ron v-power, ye think ill be doing the stage 3 or stage 3+ (not sure what differance is?)

so from what i have heard i need sports cat and downpipe for stage 3?

is intercooler a must as well, as i have heard differant things about them, some say i do need 1 if im going stage 3 and others have said they just stop any loss of power on hot day or if im track driveing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts