Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do my first mod and want a bulefin stage 1 by super chip as i have a friend who could maybe do one slightly cheeper ?? what i wanna know will this map cause me to use much more fule than standard ??? also do i have to run on super unleaded coz i had to on my BMW coz of pinking ??

i had one on my BMW and it increased my fuel by like £20 week!!!!

thanks john

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
It's all down to how you drive. They generally don't mean you'll use more fuel, but you'll find yourself putting your foot down more often which will obviously change things
No need for 97+RON until you get up to Stage 3.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I'm looking to do my first mod and want a bulefin stage 1 by super chip as i have a friend who could maybe do one slightly cheeper ?? what i wanna know will this map cause me to use much more fule than standard ??? also do i have to run on super unleaded coz i had to on my BMW coz of pinking ??

i had one on my BMW and it increased my fuel by like £20 week!!!!

thanks john
Its going to use slightly more fuel when your hitting full boost but driving sensibly round town mines doing around 24-25mpg on bluefin stage 1.

Superunleaded not needed. But hey who buys an ST for economy!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know it had been documented a lot on here but how was your clutch with the bluefin as most people say you really have to be careful even with stage1 ?? i always lift my foot completely off the pedal between changing gear but just wanting to get people view on people who have actually got one done with there standard car just running stage1 ??

thanks john

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I got no problem with my clutch, I can put my foot down in 6th from 1.5k and it pulls like a train (no I dont drive like this all the time its an example, before any one troll at me) Not really noticed anything fuel wise I still use the cheapest petrol possible. Really happy with the performance it gave me, its a totally different car, more noise from the induction kit to which i like

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
As everyone has said, bf stage 1 or 2 is fine on normal fuel and std car. My mpg dropped by 2 mpg after remapping but that's just cos of the extra smiles I get with the extra boost

·
Registered
129 Posts
Im running a standard car but always put 97+Ron fuel in. Going to get a Bluefin also I think. What kind of increase will it give? Have a mongoose cat back fitted and 3" decat?

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Definately a simple remap transforms the.driving and torque of these great motors

Definately a simple remap transforms the.driving and torque of these great motors

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Im running a standard car but always put 97+Ron fuel in. Going to get a Bluefin also I think. What kind of increase will it give? Have a mongoose cat back fitted and 3" decat?
Seen 263bhp/330lbft on ST with stage 1 Bluefin/ sports cat.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I made 252 with the map and no other mods when I had that set up. Your decat should see you a bit more. Maybe upto 260.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine just made 265bhp and 350lb/ft with Scorpion cat-back on stage 1.
I run it on Shell V-Power all of the time so maybe that's why the good figures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts