Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Recently put a deposit down on an 09 plate frozen white st2 which il be collecting on the 5th of january, cant wait as my current car is a corsa life 1.0 (65bhp doesnt get you anywhere fast lol) decided to go for a stage 1 remap as im only 18 but been looking round and cant decide what one to go for, bluefin claim to boost the power upto 275bhp but dont know if theres a better one to go for? any advice would be great, thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Lovely choice of car bet you can't wait!
I am running bluefin and I love it, you have stage 1, 2, 3, 3+ but can get low torque maps if needed, stage 1 is such a transformation compare to standard! If you're changing from a 1.0 I would personally enjoy the st standard for a few weeks before remapping, you go from appreciating what you just bought (the car) to then remapping and really appreciating the upgrade in power. I'm running stage 2 low torque because of clutch slip and it sits you back in the seat a goodun! I really recommend bluefin, for £319 its amazing! There is also a dreamscience handset people also recommend.

Dean

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Jeez 18!
your sure to get your first...............................

Kiss now dude!

oh and Blefun is mega

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Not wanting to dampen the mood here but an insurance company will bend you over like nobodies business if you want to re-map the car! You'd be paying silly monies.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Not wanting to dampen the mood here but an insurance company will bend you over like nobodies business if you want to re-map the car! You'd be paying silly monies.
That would be exciting when your 18 Ryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tbf im 19 in a month so wont have it being 18 for very long like, yeah after having the 1.0L corsa for almost 2 years i thought i had go a bit mad. Nah its not as bad as you would think on insurance, 1 month off 2 years no claims so will be okay after that

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Bluefin stage 1 with no other mods doesn't make 275bhp in my experience. Mine made 252 with just stage 1 bluefin. It's not realistic to expect a 50bhp increase with any map and no other modifications.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Bluefin stage 1 with no other mods doesn't make 275bhp in my experience. Mine made 252 with just stage 1 bluefin. It's not realistic to expect a 50bhp increase with any map and no other modifications.
It depends on the temps and the rolling road

Oh and you still enjoyed it!
first time you put your foot down James! in fact your still chasing that feeling

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Oh and you still enjoyed it!
first time you put your foot down James! in fact your still chasing that feeling
Completely agree with that mate, it's not all about the numbers, it's the way a remap changes the cars characteristics and the overall driving experience. That's something you can't quantify.
I'd recommend a bluefin to anyone as a first modification.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Completely agree with that mate, it's not all about the numbers, it's the way a remap changes the cars characteristics and the overall driving experience. That's something you can't quantify.
I'd recommend a bluefin to anyone as a first modification.
Quite right mate!

what folks don't understand is the first time you plant your foot with a remap is a feeling you never get again!
well unless you go from stage1 straight to 400bhp!
The other increases along the way are gradual and small compared to the first TORQUE increase that nails you in the seat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, had some questions on getting the map but seems like il go ahead with it. bluefin themselves have a sale for it at £320 for stae 1 with handset so gonna buy it and leave it a while to get used to the car before i upload it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was debating bluefin but now im looking at this, some low torque maps on there just in case the clutch goes

http://www.pumaspeed...rammed_1119.jsp
Been reading about these bluefin LT maps tho, havent really heard/read anything about the puma speed ones, not even any reviews on the site. Will have to do some looking into it right now like, blue fin seems like the handset for me right now tbh

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
i was debating bluefin but now im looking at this, some low torque maps on there just in case the clutch goes

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-Focus-ST-305bhp-X2-Programmer---Pre-Programmed_1119.jsp
I moved from Bluefin to Pumaspeed maps but I'm running the Ultimate 412 map which is a map for heavily modified STs on a standard Turbo.
I was using one of those handsets for a while in the link while I was trying some things out for Pumaspeed and they are very easy to use.

You won't go wrong with either handset. My personal preference would be the Pumaspeed option.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I think the PS has a better choice of maps but a little dearer

If you do go Bluefin, go for the demon tweeks one on ebay, £320 and a free K&N air filter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey,

Quick question as am a noobie hah, finally got my st, love it and uploaded my bluefin but gonna go for stage 2 LT as stage 1 is to juddery for my liking.
I have uploaded the bluefin cd and connected the handset but how do i go about getting the files for stage 2 and do i need to put my original map on the car then change the map on the handset to keep my original file stored if that makes sence
thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts