Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
so i've got induction kit and exhaust and bluefin stage 2, dyno read peak 259bhp
now stage 2 advertises at 285bhp
and stage 1 advertises at 271bhp (and this is with the rest of the vehicle being standard) this is poor advertising

·
Registered
11 Posts
You do realise Dynos vary massively in the readouts they give?

I run Bluefin stage 2 with 3 inch downpipe, decat, Rs Catback and K&N panel filter and my most recent dyno run gave me a figure of 296bhp (it's known for being a generous RR). I could take it to another dyno down the road and only make 280bhp or less, there's lots of variables which affect it. If the car drives fine and you're seeing consistent gains from your modifications, don't worry too much about figures.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Exhaust? You mean turbo back or catback?

What torque figure did you get? Post the graph, as the spread is more important than the peak.

You might have an underlying problem. The rollers you used might not be accurate. Etc Etc Etc

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
so i've got induction kit and exhaust and bluefin stage 2, dyno read peak 259bhp
now stage 2 advertises at 285bhp
and stage 1 advertises at 271bhp (and this is with the rest of the vehicle being standard) this is poor advertising
Turbo back exhaust of just catback?
Yours sounds a tad low if anything.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've always said that Bluefin Stage 1 with no other mods won't make what Bluefin claim. Mine made 252 when it had a stge 1 bluefin and no other mods.
I don't think there's any map that will make 270 or more on a completely standard car unless the rolling road is entirely inaccurate.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm running bluefin stage 3 and getting 272bhp and 307lbft thats with airtec intercooler,Dsci induction,rs clutch-plugs,200 cell cat,only thing missing is the downpipe and cat back would not think it would make that much difference to the results

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I'm running bluefin stage 3 and getting 272bhp and 307lbft thats with airtec intercooler,Dsci induction,rs clutch-plugs,200 cell cat,only thing missing is the downpipe and cat back would not think it would make that much difference to the results
Considering it's supposed to be near the 300 mark (and members have got that) I'd say you're losing quite a lot by not having a downpipe.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think you would be surprised by how restrictive the standard downpipe is. Your car is probably holding off the power due to the standard downpipe.
You shouldn't really be running stage 3 without one either due to excess heat!

Ash

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Dyno's vary massively. A dyno is a far more effective tool to diagnose running problems under "road like conditions" or running the same car up on the same day to see if any work as increased the figures (as long as the correction factors on the dyno have not been changed). Better to look at the power curve and your AFR's, feel how it drives on the road. Whilst ever we crave for the higher flywheel figures the correction factor's come into play, as such its the good old dyno lottery. Figures at the wheels are far more accurate, but dont sell as well.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Dyno's vary massively. A dyno is a far more effective tool to diagnose running problems under "road like conditions" or running the same car up on the same day to see if any work as increased the figures (as long as the correction factors on the dyno have not been changed). Better to look at the power curve and your AFR's, feel how it drives on the road. Whilst ever we crave for the higher flywheel figures the correction factor's come into play, as such its the good old dyno lottery. Figures at the wheels are far more accurate, but dont sell as well.
Always amazes me the faith people put in Rolling roads Nick.
Half the damn things are knocked together out of mechano

The only figures worth chasing are the female variety.....................Hubba hubba!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure what to look at on the graph does this look ok.
This was even lower on bhp and ibft.
what should bluefin stage 3 boost to.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Ive had full stage 2 mods done recently and i could not care less what the figures would say on a RR.......chasing figures ? dont see the point of an rr only to see if the map had a good curve and u dont have any running issues

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Always amazes me the faith people put in Rolling roads Nick.
Half the damn things are knocked together out of mechano

The only figures worth chasing are the female variety.....................Hubba hubba!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wholeheartedy agree Stevie. On both counts mate.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Not sure what to look at on the graph does this look ok.
This was even lower on bhp and ibft.
what should bluefin stage 3 boost to.
Are you sure those figures are not "at the floor" Pete. Many years ago I had a car dyno'd at Noble Motorsport and he measured them at the floor, which would account for the showing as low.

·
Registered
253 Posts
im running stage 2 aswell 3" full turbo back exhaust & k&n haven't got an intercooler yet and mine made 251.4 and 348 lb ft but out on the road is how it performs really was disappointed because of what Bluefin advertise but I make a lot more torque than they quote I got a lot more midrange means im happy at the end of the day who needs high bhp I prefer more torque to help in gear acceleration lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are you sure those figures are not "at the floor" Pete. Many years ago I had a car dyno'd at Noble Motorsport and he measured them at the floor, which would account for the showing as low.
Not sure if there at the floor,would they be ok if they were,just seems strange that people on stage 2 are getting better trq figures

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I'm running stage 2 low torque full turbo back inc decat and panel filter that's all,
And all I know is I don't have too much trouble with most in the ST category.. But then I believe its down to the driver not the car..in SOME circumstances..lol
Saying that a certain member on here who I had a confrontation with on the M1 ..is running stage 3+ with full mods and an rs clutch ...
Yep ...meow!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts