Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybodyknow if people running bluefin are experiencing clutch slip? dosn't seem to be much mention of it.
could it be that its not as much of an issue with this software or there isnt as many people running with bluefin so isnt reported as much.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(stan46 @ 12 Feb 2010, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does anybodyknow if people running bluefin are experiencing clutch slip? dosn't seem to be much mention of it.
could it be that its not as much of an issue with this software or there isnt as many people running with bluefin so isnt reported as much.

Hello Stan

I run bluefin stage 1, I have experienced clutch slip before but that was down to the way I was driving, that said, when the roads are damp/wet the car still spins in forth so the clutch is still holding up, but wouldn't be suprised if i'm having to swap it within the next year. Mines a facelift 08 plate with 18K on the clock.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Snap!08' facelift 17k and my clutch is slipping
Must be something in the water when they made the 08's.
I am getting mine changed within the month.so i can run the new one in for the spring/summer months

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have had two
`s both running BF3+ and i have had no experience off clutch slip to date

I think it`s more to do with how you drive/driven the car

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
QUOTE(bonzey @ 12 Feb 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have had two
`s both running BF3+ and i have had no experience off clutch slip to date

I think it`s more to do with how you drive/driven the car

What 'Properly'

·
Registered
279 Posts
good thing about blufin mate is that if you want stage 1 or stage 2 they have low torque maps so if you run stage 2 low tor iv got figures of 286bhp and 296ftlbs meaning that your not running any more torque than the mountune at 400nm, and its a good map for everyday use, highly recomended map mate, hope that helps

·
Registered
277 Posts
Me too im running stg 3+ on an 07 with 13,000 and no slipping yet, i suppose it depends how often you give it the beanz and your style of driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts