Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Well if all goe's well, we shall be be buying an ST2 in asbo orange on Sat. We are trading in our Rx8 and funding the outstanding. A quick question really, I've just had a quote of £340 fully comp for my Fiance and I, and was wondering how much would a Bluefin stage 1 mod, would increase my premium?....would it be a great deal more as I fear?

Nige

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Speak to your insurance company. They are the only ones who will give you an accurate answer. It varies so much between insurers. Every one on here is insured through different companies so you won't get a definitive answer.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
As Mark has already said try your own insurance company see what they have to say, if no joy see your year out and then get a quote from one of the modified car insurance company`s that most of us on here use.

best of luck

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was with Directline until they informed me they would add £400 to my insurance if I remapped. So then went with Greenlight who were half the price for a standard car and don't increase the premiuim for mods (although they charge a £25 admin fee which is annoying)

Then they decided they didn't like my postcode so would not renew with me... So I'm with Brentacre and I'm very impressed. You put a bhp limit on your policy - in my case 300bhp, and any mods you do are free, you just have to inform them to add it to the policy and there is no admin fee :thumsbup:

Also any non-performance mods i.e. suspension, styling, handling etc are free

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts