Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A friend of mine had a Bluefin remap on his ST2 but he kept going through clutches. Is this down to the remap or possibly his driving? Really want to remap, but this has got me thinking :s

Any help will be appreciated

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
it is down to the way he is driving, even with a mapped car if you drive it like a sunday driver then your standard clutch is fine, but if he is remapped then he is tempted to put his foot down so putting more strain on his clutch.

like some1 else said to have more than 1 go? he must be driving very heavy or he has alot of power and torque on that standard clutch, try RS clutch thats the way im going anyway.

hope this helps

·
Registered
853 Posts
i had bluefin stage 1 on my last st for just under 3 years and 22000 miles and never had a problem,my average mpg was 17.9 so i wasnt exactly driving miss daisy,go for it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool, thank you all
I'm going to get a remap when savings allow, and I may well look into an RS clutch too as I want to push 300 bhp by the end of summer

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It's defo his driving style - maybe he's been using the "launch control" too often hence why he keeps going through clutches?

I've never even had clutch slip (touch wood) and i've got BF Stage 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts