Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help desperately needed folks I need a new/second hand engine for my st 225 does anyone no of a low mileage example for sale? Also does anyone no anything about 're-engineered engines are they worth paying the extra cash for best companys that supply them many thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah Marc will phone a few tomorrow only had the car 2 months on a 09 plate with 57000 on the clock I made the big mistake of falling in love with possibly the worst st in the country the previous owner has obviously thrashed the car big time :-(

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Help desperately needed folks I need a new/second hand engine for my st 225 does anyone no of a low mileage example for sale? Also does anyone no anything about 're-engineered engines are they worth paying the extra cash for best companys that supply them many thanks in advance
Pumabuild do a good deal on rebuilt engines and a strengthened version. Also a little bird told me they might have some RS engines very soon!!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Ah Marc will phone a few tomorrow only had the car 2 months on a 09 plate with 57000 on the clock I made the big mistake of falling in love with possibly the worst st in the country the previous owner has obviously thrashed the car big time :-(
Dealer or privately bought? If it was a dealer car you may have a chance with the Sales of Goods Act depending on what the fault is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately bought from private seller.
Been on eBay that was were I went first lots of re engineered engines on their wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Unfortunately bought from private seller.
Been on eBay that was were I went first lots of re engineered engines on their wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?
I would contact the likes of jam-sport or Collins.

Les

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
How is it possible to blow a non modified engine? apart from the obvious no oil. but surley this day and age no matter how much rag you give a modern engine it should be set up to cope with alot?
Pretty much how I thought it was... I can understand liners going (ragging it from cold constantly), but didn't think the bottom end could go that way.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Pretty much how I thought it was... I can understand liners going (ragging it from cold constantly), but didn't think the bottom end could go that way.
Maybe lack of oil and filter changes causing the filter to become blocked and leading to oil starvation maybe ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
My bottom end has gone on a 06 plate 46k car! May be able to be fixed as noise is not horrific. New bearings needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts