Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On starting my ST there is a loud blowing noise and tattling from around the Dow pipe area. Took it to garage and they put a new bolt on bit its still blowing and tattling when cold for about 1 minute. Anyone know what could be wrong? I've had all the exhaust checked numerous times but noone can find any faults.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine always sounds like its blowing on cold start just because the revs sit that bit higher. Has it been like this since you had the downpipe fitted?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a standard down pipe. But one of the bolts had wiggled loose. Its definately blowing and sounds very tinny.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
yep mines always sounded like its blowing when its cold, its been like that since i got it from new. i'd it sounds louder with the full exhaust though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has only started doing it the last couple of months though. Its just pestering me as I don't know what's wrong. I'm convinced there's something though

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
is there a gasket fitted on the connection where the bolt was lose?? may have worn it a bit without the compression of the bolt, then when the new bolt installed was insufficient gasket to seal properly. haven't got a clue but just trying to help. hope u get it sorted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts