Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a BOW but looking for the pigeon effect one but dont know which Bow makes that noise any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Looking at getting a BOW but looking for the pigeon effect one but dont know which Bow makes that noise any suggestions would be appreciated!
Dont bother. spend the money on an open induction, you'll get the noise and best of all a performance increase rather than the sound of a sneezing mouse under the bonnet

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Everyone will tell you it's a really bad idea as they throw up ESP faults and mess up fuelling, not to mention they sound like a mouse sneezing under the bonnet. Get the Dreamscience induction kit instead.

The two main ones people use are Collins and Baileys. I switched from a Baileys to a Collins not long after I got the car. It's all coming off at some point...

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Have a search for 'dump valve' fella, this question gets asked on a regular basis and you'll find loads of arguments for and against to help you decide.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Well don't start modding then, as that's probably the price you'll pay for most mods at a minimum
+1 - modding is far from a cheap hobby. At least the induction kit might give you a few more horses, the dump valve will just increase your fuel consumption.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
An intercooler is a good mod to start with, but an induction kit will give you the noise you're after.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Induction kit Or Intercooler?? Then!
There's a how to on a "home made" induction that costs a quarter of the DS kit

I'd do the mods in these stages

Remap
Exhaust including downpipe, decat or sports cat
Intercooler
Induction
Eibach springs/ polybush or RARB
Brakes

The standard intercooler isn't big enough and in the hot summer days (yes we do get some each year) it cannot cope with the increased temps and will throw the car into limp mode and you will not be able to use the additional power from the mods you do so it is beneficial to change it at some stage it all depends on your timescale as to when you change it, personally I saved the cash and had the exhaust, map and intercooler done at the same time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts