Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having a little rant about our roads.

I was driving home tonight down a 60mph unlit road, went round a long corner then I heard and felt a massive bang followed by a hissing noise. So I pulled over and looked at the drivers tyre, guess what? Yep it's flat with a slit in the sidewall
Great, thats two new tyres again. It more annoying cause my tyres are only half worn but i dont want to replace just one. We pay all this road tax and what for cause it certainly isn't getting spent on resurfacing the roads.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just having a little rant about our roads.

I was driving home tonight down a 60mph unlit road, went round a long corner then I heard and felt a massive bang followed by a hissing noise. So I pulled over and looked at the drivers tyre, guess what? Yep it's flat with a slit in the sidewall
Great, thats two new tyres again. It more annoying cause my tyres are only half worn but i dont want to replace just one. We pay all this road tax and what for cause it certainly isn't getting spent on resurfacing the roads.
Would try and claim off the council got nothing to lose

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Get a form from your council and make a claim. Go back tomorrow and get pics, with a ruler or something to show size and depth. A good trick is to get somebody else to report it before you, wait a week, then report it yourself - that way they can't say they didn't know about it. (Of course that only works if they don't fill it in the meantime!)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
Having driven down Jared's road I can see why he rides his bike to work
Even on that you take your life in your hands Ryan......Small children have disappeared down some of those pot holes and never been seen again

·
Registered
53 Posts
I echo the comments made about the pot holes , up here in the outskirts of glasgow the roads are better suited to a land rover with 60 profile tyres , not the 40 profile on my st . What gets me is the council pay out thousands and thousands of pounds on claims for damaged wheels, tyres etc , if they would just fix the bloody roads in the first place , and also they patch them up , should i say throw tar on them .

My drive to work is me swerving about the road to avoid the potholes and the lumps on the road with the tar they throw down , Grrrrrrr

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,087 Posts
Was in my local garage and they told me about a guy with a new Mazda 3 MPS who had his airbags go off after hitting one local pothole !!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I echo the comments made about the pot holes , up here in the outskirts of glasgow the roads are better suited to a land rover with 60 profile tyres , not the 40 profile on my st . What gets me is the council pay out thousands and thousands of pounds on claims for damaged wheels, tyres etc , if they would just fix the bloody roads in the first place , and also they patch them up , should i say throw tar on them .

My drive to work is me swerving about the road to avoid the potholes and the lumps on the road with the tar they throw down , Grrrrrrr
I drove to Glasgow in my ST 2 years ago, it was Ground Zero for Pot Holes at that time......I take it things are still the same!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes they are bobmeister, the problem being the winters of 2009 and 2010 were really bad up here with sub zero temps and snow like i have not seen since a was young back in the 1970s when the winters were bad. then when the thaw comes the roads just seem to open up.

I agree with scot32 it is getting to the point you are not keen on driving at night , i bought my s.t with lowered suspension so it is a firm ride at the best of times .

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hit a pothole once by a train level crossing

I called network rail and took pictures of the damage and 2 weeks later they paid for a brand new wheel and tyre !!!!!!

Nothing to lose mate it work for me !!!
Call the council and put a claim in !!!

All the best
Chris

·
Registered
583 Posts
i know exactly what you are talking about 90% of roads in northern ireland are in tatters! iv had my RS just over a week now and i was driving down a road i have never used before and it was daylight, it is a national speed limit road and just as i exited a corner i saw something at the last second that i though was just a puddle on the road but it was a huge crater! i managed to miss the main bit of it but still hit it enough to make me think my wheels were going to fall off
annoyed me enough in the ST but was heartbreaking to hit it in my new baby

·
Registered
49 Posts
Come to Australia then!
We have some roads that over the years have had so many pothole repairs, the entire surface is pothole repair patches.
True story.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts