Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
As John has said Scott...there have been standard cars that have split liners...so you have to way up the chances of it happening with the mods you are running..

·
Registered
649 Posts
ok so i dont need to worry. seeing as my car is now out of warranty its slowly giving me a list of parts it needs

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can the liner split , then you can get the mod ? or is it too late then >?

·
Kalmar Union
1,301 Posts
I can offer this exact same proceedure. You will need to book your car into an associate of mine who works in Coalville in Leicestershire. He is not VAT registered and you would need to pay by cheque or cash, otherwise you can pay me by credit card but I do have to charge VAT.

He has done many of these proceedures already on these and similar Volvo engines over several years and they are all holding up well, he has also used the proceedure to effect a repair on an already cracked block although it is unlikely that is a very long term fix for such damage.

As a preventive proceedure it holds up well.

It simply involves fixing a slip(s) of metal into the area behind the weak liner/block, the cost is mostly in the labour of removing the head, the lesser cost is the gaskets and consumables required in re-assembly, the actual pieces of carefully formed metal used is pennies.

You are welcome to watch the entire proceedure....but you might need to polish your tea making skills and provide a packet or two of jaffacakes as that is the prefferred diet of the chap...and you need to be up for being ribbed unmercifully as he is inclined to take the pxxx even on first aquaintance, a very knowledgable and capable fellow though.

Regards, Don.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I can offer this exact same proceedure. You will need to book your car into an associate of mine who works in Coalville in Leicestershire. He is not VAT registered and you would need to pay by cheque or cash, otherwise you can pay me by credit card but I do have to charge VAT.

He has done many of these proceedures already on these and similar Volvo engines over several years and they are all holding up well, he has also used the proceedure to effect a repair on an already cracked block although it is unlikely that is a very long term fix for such damage.

It simply involves fixing a slip(s) of metal into the area behind the weak liner/block, the cost is mostly in the labour of removing the head, the lesser cost is the gaskets and consumables required in re-assembly, the actual pieces of carefully formed metal used is pennies.

You are welcome to watch the entire proceedure....but you might need to polish your tea making skills and provide a packet or two of jaffacakes as that is the prefferred diet of the chap...and you need to be up for being ribbed unmercifully as he is inclined to take the pxxx even on first aquaintance, a very knowledgable and capable fellow though.

Regards, Don.
How much is it don?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts

Regards, Don.
Is this what Jamsport do Don?

Also what is the cost?

·
Kalmar Union
1,301 Posts
It is exactly the modification offered by others.... you will be able to watch the whole proceedure, that is if you have the time and the price includes all new gaskets, seals, O rings etc.

Tim Williams is your man, he is in Coalville as I previously mentioned and the total cost is £615. He is not VAT registered and he has no credit card facility but he can frog march you to his nearest ATM and you can get cash to pay him. If that is a real ball ache then you can pay me by credit card but I have to charge VAT.

Regards, Don.

1 - 20 of 454 Posts