Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking around for an ST, would love an ST3, as the recaro's look really nice trimmed in leather!

but i've got a feeling that my eyes are larger than my stomach in terms of my budget.

I'm not really a fan of the cloth seats with the exterior colour that copied in onto the seats which i've seen in the Performance Blue and Electric Orange Cars, but i haven't seen an ST2 interior that's black?

What does these look like?

Black ST's seem pretty rare also or is it just me not lookign hard enough

Cheers

·
Registered
909 Posts
QUOTE(Tyler Owen @ 25 Nov 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking around for an ST, would love an ST3, as the recaro's look really nice trimmed in leather!

but i've got a feeling that my eyes are larger than my stomach in terms of my budget.

I'm not really a fan of the cloth seats with the exterior colour that copied in onto the seats which i've seen in the Performance Blue and Electric Orange Cars, but i haven't seen an ST2 interior that's black?

What does these look like?

Black ST's seem pretty rare also or is it just me not lookign hard enough

Cheers

along. No ST-2 will have a black interior unless it is aftermarket. The ST-2 comes with cloth seats, it's the ST-3 that has the black leather.

A Black ST-2 comes with grey or red cloth interior. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Speedy replies

And apologies for sticking this in the wrong section !

Newbies ehh, what can you do!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As already mentioned the ST-2 in black only comes with cloth interior, either red or grey.

I prefered the look of the ST-3 interior with the leather, however if you speak to people who have experienced both then most prefer the cloth as it doesnt allow you to slide around when driving.

When I bought my car I ended up going for an ST-2 for no ther reason than it was what was available at the right price at the time. Saying that I have found no problems with the cloth. Its also a lot warmer in the winter mornigns, even though its not heated like the leather.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw a perf blue ST3 the other day for sale for £9000, and ST2s have really come down in price, i've seen some in the mid-late 7k mark so i wouldn't worry too much about the budget thing mate!! Hope you fine what you're looking for! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Go for the ST-3. Unless you are built like a Matchstick you won't slide around in the seats. They really do 'hug' you. Leather is classy and the recaros in the st3 are heated, much classier!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a black ST-3 with black leather and to be honest I love it, it looks so good. The cloth seats in the red demo I tried were really good as well though, very supportive, but once I saw the black I knew which I wanted.

If I was you I would try and get an ST-3 with privacy glass though, it's the one thing lacking in mine and i think it finishes them off a treat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the replies again!

I'm not to worried about being cold in the Winter, My current Leon has optional leather seats so i've been used the cold in the winter mornings! Its the leather steering wheel that is colder i have found
!

Anyways back on topic

I'm proberbly going to have to go for a pre faclift looking at the finances now, insurance is more than i was expecting, more than my Leon (same insurance group) with all mods declared !! but that was only a quick Confused.com quote, so hopefully it will get cheaper when i start looking around properly

So looking for a Pre Facelift ST3/ ST2 in Black with less than 30k on the clock!
Preferably with the White ST stripes down the sides, I assume these are available as an accessory from Ford ?

·
Registered
909 Posts
QUOTE(Tyler Owen @ 27 Nov 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers for the replies again!

I'm not to worried about being cold in the Winter, My current Leon has optional leather seats so i've been used the cold in the winter mornings! Its the leather steering wheel that is colder i have found
!

Anyways back on topic

I'm proberbly going to have to go for a pre faclift looking at the finances now, insurance is more than i was expecting, more than my Leon (same insurance group) with all mods declared !! but that was only a quick Confused.com quote, so hopefully it will get cheaper when i start looking around properly

So looking for a Pre Facelift ST3/ ST2 in Black with less than 30k on the clock!
Preferably with the White ST stripes down the sides, I assume these are available as an accessory from Ford ?

Yeah the stripes were an old option, not sure if you can order a new ST with them now or for this reason obtain them from Ford as an add on. One of the club sponsors, DMB graphics, make the stripes in loads of combinations or colours. So you can get them exactly the same as Ford do them and nobody would know the difference or you can add your own unique touch

DMB are great value too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh Cool i was thinking about getting them put on by a Vinyl company!

as i'd have thought Ford would try and pull my pants down and aim for penetration

1 - 11 of 11 Posts