Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Guys!
Quick question and appologies if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move

I noticed a bit of black plactic hanging from under my front bumper on my st3 pre facelift at the weekend and it would appear that where my gf hit a small animal, with cracked the bumper lip, it must have damaged this plactic bit underneath the bumper.

Does anyone know what this is for?? Can it be replaced easily? Or doesn't it really matter? Im taking it into fraud tomorrow for a service anyway, so i though that whilst it is up on the ramp i could get them to remove it....??

Thoughts

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I had this problem hitting a snow drift matey, try my link. Troy was very helpful and is somewhat an undertray expert as i referred to him

LINK http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Fitting-re...641#entry630641

Please note this is for the PRE facelift not sure if the facelift is a different part number but would imagine it is. I will try find the FINIS for the prefacelift anyway in the meantime.

As promised here is the link for the undertray and fixings (albeit for the prefacelift but may be the same)

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Front-Unde...mp;hl=undertray

EDIT no idea why I'm hammering on about facelifts as you have clearly stated that you own a pre facelift. DOH!

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,443 Posts
It is easily replaceable and not that expensive although the car will survive perfectly well without it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yup +1

I paid about £23 for a replacement and about £6 for all the fittings. However I lost that one on the motorway almost straight away (probably my fault!). Yet to fit my second one, will do soon as don't fancy all the muck throwing up inside the engine bay if it's usually protected by the undertray.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies

Ill see if i can have a look tomorrow when they get it up on the ramps, if they let me. The bit i pulled out was about 3 inches wide, so will be good to see if there are any loose bits, etc. Ill still have all the fixings etc i would imagine.

Ill keep you posted. I would have done a search but couldn't think what it would have been called lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts