Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking at buying a Focus ST. One question I currently have is about the headlights.....why are some ST's fitted with standard Xenon lights and some with tinted Xenon lights. Why is this? Were they an option? I have seen ST2s fitted with the tinted versions after originally thinking it was an ST3 item.

Anyone shed any light?

·
Registered
379 Posts
they slighty facelifted 07 onwards with the black headlights and other subtle changed like the red lighting inside on the door switches and mileometer and stuff and i think the sony stereos come in on 07's aswell..

thers prob a couple more changes but as im a 56 owner i dont know!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes, mine was an August 07 reg, called 2007.5 model year.

Black headlights, red dash illumination etc. Also the bigger intercooler came in late in the 56 plate
's. Also driveshaft revisions too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine dosent have the black headlights as its a 56 plate.

Question - are the headlights easy to "take apart" to spray black yourself??

Did my old ST200 ones myself just wondering whether it could be done on the Asbo.

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
QUOTE(Bobster200 @ 13 Nov 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mine dosent have the black headlights as its a 56 plate.

Question - are the headlights easy to "take apart" to spray black yourself??

Did my old ST200 ones myself just wondering whether it could be done on the Asbo.

Simple answer is no it's not possible.

Some have muted the idea of baking the headlamp in the oven at 200 degress (and maybe serving it with some nice potatoes, who knows?) but I don't know of any successfull attempt to turn silver headlamps in to black ones, sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.