Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I had some b16's fitted by Terry at pumabuild, great price and I'm well pleased with the results.
I have had a little play today, they are so easy to adjust, you simply turn a dial numbered 1 - 9, simples. The ride on the softest setting is similar to eibachs but with a more confident feel in the corners. The hardest setting has you bumping out of your seat without a racing harness to hold you in.
Will get some pics up soon and will post a review when I have a chance.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
How much was a ' good ' price Phil as i an looking at doing Dampers very soon . Was going with Bilstein B8's

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 25 Jan 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How much was a ' good ' price Phil as i an looking at doing Dampers very soon . Was going with Bilstein B8's

I bought them from Alan's yellow beast for £600 normaly £ 1700, bargain. They've only done a couple of thousand miles. Not sure about b8 's I wanted something adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
me thats a good price Phil . I could do with a deal like that myself
............anyone !!!!!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Lancastrian @ 25 Jan 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phil, are they same coilovers I have, PSS9's ? If so get them to 4 on the rear and 3 on the front ;-)

Yes mate, same as yours. I have mine on 6 front and 4 rear, but I'm still experimenting.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Was at puma build at same time as you i had the black one having the exhaust done like the look of your car very nice

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Phil, mine were set up on 6 when installed, but I found it too "bouncy" on some roads so went to a harder setting. Eventually settled on 2 up front and 3 at the rear, especially at the Ring, but have dialled it back over winter.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Lancastrian @ 25 Jan 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phil, mine were set up on 6 when installed, but I found it too "bouncy" on some roads so went to a harder setting. Eventually settled on 2 up front and 3 at the rear, especially at the Ring, but have dialled it back over winter.

I found the harder settings too hard for daily driving, too many pot holes and generally
road surfaces. As i said will settle on the right setting when i get more of a feel for them.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 25 Jan 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was at puma build at same time as you i had the black one having the exhaust done like the look of your car very nice

Cheers Adrian yours was sounding much nicer after your exhaust was fitted.

QUOTE(john-st3 @ 25 Jan 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>welcome to the bilstein family phillip lol, but mine are just the cheapy one lol

John, at the price they wanted i had to have them.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Lancastrian @ 25 Jan 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you have 10 position damping then the B16's you have are not for the Focus. Probably a BMW or Mercedes fitment.

No they have 9 positions and mine are for a focus

1 - 20 of 22 Posts