Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi wheres the best place to get code red remap is it the best ?? for the money or can i save some cash and get the same result

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
They are all pretty much the same thing with similar results. My preference was to buy a dreamscience handset second hand, they pop up all the time and seem to be very popular on here, they are cheap(ish) compared to new and give great results. Havent tried a code:red map but alot of members have, I'm sure one or two will be along shortly to help.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There are a few off different ECU upgrades available.

Every member will say that the one they have is the best.

They all do roughly the same.

Mountune, CodeRed are covered by Ford Warranty.

I am not to sure about the other tuning companies if they are covered.

You also get an additional 12 months warranty with CodeRed.

The best way to decide is to have a drive in a few ST that have got an ECU upgrade.

Which ever one you decide on you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are a few off different ECU upgrades available.

Every member will say that the one they have is the best.

They all do roughly the same.

Mountune, CodeRed are covered by Ford Warranty.

I am not to sure about the other tuning companies if they are covered.

You also get an additional 12 months warranty with CodeRed.

The best way to decide is to have a drive in a few ST that have got an ECU upgrade.

Which ever one you decide on you will not be disappointed.

Do you have a library full of posts! I swear Ive seen this at least once before in the past week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do or dont i?? reading all the coments on here i realy want to get mine done but ive heard some people saying it will make the clutch slip and another guy saying he had to get his taken out and 1 guy said dont get it done it will damage your engin
and above all that my wife will kill me if anything does go wrong.
please someone give me some good advice.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(bigsi @ 27 Jan 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do or dont i?? reading all the coments on here i realy want to get mine done but ive heard some people saying it will make the clutch slip and another guy saying he had to get his taken out and 1 guy said dont get it done it will damage your engin
get code red let her see red

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(bigsi @ 27 Jan 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do or dont i?? reading all the coments on here i realy want to get mine done but ive heard some people saying it will make the clutch slip and another guy saying he had to get his taken out and 1 guy said dont get it done it will damage your engin

its wont damage your engine, whoever told you that dosnt know what there on about. some people do get the clutch slip (mainly 2007 models) but mountune seems to be the best option installed by ford and its designed to work within the limits of the drivetrain i.e. no clutch slip. This is what i'm getting done in march can't wait

·
Registered
252 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mountune, CodeRed are covered by Ford Warranty.

Just so the OP is not confused any further; Mountune is the ONLY product that won't affect your manufacturers warranty, a handful of Ford Dealers may turn a blind eye to warranty work that sell Code Red, but that's a marked difference from a product engineered alongside Ford.

You also get a 12-month, 12,000 mile warranty on the parts fitted in addition to the above.

HTH

·
Registered
536 Posts
As Dave says - Gary will give you a Warranty on the CR stuff for an additional cost (not sure how much but I don't think it's expensive).

I'm very happy with my Mountune but the best thing to do is get out and drive all of em' and pick the one that suits you best!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The main reason I went for Mountune, even though the inital outlay of around £1000 seems a lot, I believe that it is the only one that has been tailored specifically to the car. As they have had access to the original maps. It matters to me that that it is less likely to cause clutch slip (£1k for an RS clutch, not just yet thanks!) and torque spikes. Plus in addition as previosly mentioned it retains the original Ford Warranty. So Ford themselves must have confidence in it.

I hope I havn't spoken too soon, but mine has been runnnig fine with the Mountune and drives just like the standard car, just a damn lot quicker

Before I open a
I'm not slating the other maps as I'm sure they go like stink and I would be equally happy with them but I personally just like the reassurance that comes from the Moutune

HTH

·
Registered
518 Posts
QUOTE(HollST @ 28 Jan 2010, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As Dave says - Gary will give you a Warranty on the CR stuff for an additional cost (not sure how much but I don't think it's expensive).

You get 12 months warranty on Code:RED (included in the price) then you can add another 12 months after.
The price for another year will depend on a few things; amount of mods, miles and age of car.

So both the Mountune and Code:RED give a 12-month, 12,500 mile warranty on the parts fitted

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Car still under warranty - get Mountuned

Out of Warranty - Code:Red, Dreamscience

Want the most Bang for Buck - Secondhand Dreamscience handset.

Simples.

EDIT - never heard anyone have an engine problem and clutch-slip has never affected my DS-mapped ST.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
code red for me mate,saying that i only other 1 i tried was bluefin, and bluefin didnt work for me i went for code red and im well happy with it(cheers code red)
pop up to gary and im sure he help you out as he always does for me

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(FastEddie @ 28 Jan 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Car still under warranty - get Mountuned

Out of Warranty - Code:Red, Dreamscience

Want the most Bang for Buck - Secondhand Dreamscience handset.

Simples.

EDIT - never heard anyone have an engine problem and clutch-slip has never affected my DS-mapped ST.

Not technically correct! My (in warranty) car goes to a Ford dealer garage to be serviced etc, had only only problem with loose wire and all is done without any question about the mods! IIRC the manual says something along the lines of if the issue is with a part that hasnt been modified then you are still entitled to the waranty work. I'm lucky mine doesnt care if its modded or not. Some can be complete planks about it though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts