Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above. I am looking to try and get a live map done. just wanted any thoughts on who to use.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who are WGT? Are they good?...Motorsport developments seem quite good. Might just get there tuning service for £141 to sort out any niggles that the car may have. I am going to give them a bell tomorrow.

Thanks...Any more companies are welcome,I need options

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dreamscience will do you a live map using one of there own as a starting point i believe.

I've had a previous car mapped by msd and it was excellent

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Hi Harmy

There is a difference between a Live map and a custom tune, the Bosch ME9 cannot be "Live" mapped, so you would need a piggy back or full stand alone system to be able to do this, maybe the latest Gotech etc. Check that this still incorporates all your usual functionality and other modules, especially ABS and Airbag as these cannot always be incorporated in stand alone on modern Euro 4 cars.

We also offer custom tuning but have found unless you change a fundemental like the turbo, injectors, manifold capacity (Inlet) etc it is not entirely necessary for performance, however a custom tune can be taylored to suit your driving style, the way the boost is mapped, how it comes in, shift light points, fuel grade etc, etc.

Hope this helps mate

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jared, How much do you guys charge for that service? I basically want the car tuned rather fully mapped, but obviously to get that ithought i may have to get a full map done.

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(mitchst @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jared

Are all your standard maps done to suit 95RON?

Hi mate

Yes they are, the ST225 detects the fuel octane automatically within 8 miles by performing a "Background missfire test", what this involves is the pcm randomly choosing one cylinder from the 5 and it advances the ignition on this cylinder only until there is the pre resonance of knock detected and then the pcm pulls the timing back to a safe point and applies this to the other 4 cylinders. This happens constantly while driving so what ever grade fuel you use the car will adapt very quickly and make the most of it.

Hope this helps

[email protected]

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 18 Feb 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Jared, How much do you guys charge for that service? I basically want the car tuned rather fully mapped, but obviously to get that ithought i may have to get a full map done.

I would wait for Mod X mate and add this as a one shot, alternatively a proper custom map would take a few hours to make using something like ModB+ as a starting point perhaps, depends what you are after. We can chat about it next time you come over or if you come for the RS clutch upgrade

Give us a call if you want mate, 01482 224433

Jared

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jared something I've been wandering...

If I get you guys to custom tune a mod C map to my car and driving style, will you then be able to load this map onto a handset / dsci platform for me so that I could still run a lower map over winter and for long journeys?

Ta

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 18 Feb 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would wait for Mod X mate and add this as a one shot, alternatively a proper custom map would take a few hours to make using something like ModB+ as a starting point perhaps, depends what you are after. We can chat about it next time you come over or if you come for the RS clutch upgrade

Give us a call if you want mate, 01482 224433

Jared

you started fitting rs clutch's now jared?

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(boost junkie @ 18 Feb 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you started fitting rs clutch's now jared?

Yeah mate, got some booked in already
Dude you were robbed against City in that game.

Jared

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 18 Feb 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah mate, got some booked in already
Dude you were robbed against City in that game.

Jared

How much you doing it for?

and tell me about it! we should had that goal and viera should been sent off!
ref!

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 18 Feb 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate

Yes they are, the ST225 detects the fuel octane automatically within 8 miles by performing a "Background missfire test", what this involves is the pcm randomly choosing one cylinder from the 5 and it advances the ignition on this cylinder only until there is the pre resonance of knock detected and then the pcm pulls the timing back to a safe point and applies this to the other 4 cylinders. This happens constantly while driving so what ever grade fuel you use the car will adapt very quickly and make the most of it.

Hope this helps

[email protected]

Good to know. NI has very few options in terms of 97RON, its basically BP or nothing around me.
Occasionally get caught out and have to use 95.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts