Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work in a car shop and we deal with bosch and a recent training night the bosch rep said that we sould only run our cars on shell or bp petrol as the supermarkets dont put the same minerals and additives in their petrol. i personally like tesco momentum. just wondered if anyone else had heard this or if anyones st runs better on a specific brand?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use tesco momentum 99 ron, its the closest garage to me with super unleaded but also use V power if I need to fill up and I'm near a shell garage

If Im really desperate for fuel I drag myself to the robbing Total garage just around the corner from my house and put a few litres of their
water in

·
Registered
137 Posts
Momentum in Stafford was about 1.34 last week. With all the vouchers i get from tesco shopping it normally works out cheaper than regular unleaded
. If i need to watch the pennies (usually end of the month) i generally use standard esso fuel which seems to be fine

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Run mine on tesco99 for last 6 months, started putting normal 95 fuel in last month or so and can honest
Ly tell no difference

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
I only use Shell V-Power in my car. The difference on filling a 60 litre tank with Normal or V-Power at my local Shell is only about £2.40ish which isn't a lot

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Ford themselves say using higher RON petrol can result in up to a 5% increase in power which would mean up to a 11bhp increase!

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is no doubt running better higher Ron fuel is better for your engine long term and does give better power out put however marginal

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Tesco momentum everytime...alot of the shell garages near me have been bought by BP...and the higher ron the better for performance.....I can notice the difference with fuels...sometimes feels a little sluggish with cheap stuff....Momentumm is a higher ron even higher than v-power.....my mate is fanatical about the fuel he uses he has an R34 GTR when the v-power disappeared round hear he switched to tescos finest...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts