Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It depends on what you want, sound or looks.

Sound then an open filter like a Dream Science or K&N Gen 2 or for looks you will want a enclosed filter like a code red or GGR (the latter doe snto look that good IMHO)

You would alway look at make ing one your self like th eITG one on here last week or the few BMC CDA's (this can also be cheaper than an off the shelf filter)

·
Registered
517 Posts
The k&ns ok but i would rather have an enclosed 1 as sometimes i worry because the cone sits down by the fog light and when its raining or i go through deep puddles it might get wet or suck water up. So what do u think the best inclosed induction kit is?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
These threads are so funny! Let me ask you all a few questions, who has the best girlfriend? who loves their car the most? who's the best football fans?

This thread is exactly the same! We all think that what we have is the best.

My advise is go and have a browse of the hundreds of threads on this subject and then make your choice.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 23 Feb 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>These threads are so funny! Let me ask you all a few questions, who has the best girlfriend? who loves their car the most? who's the best football fans?

This thread is exactly the same! We all think that what we have is the best.

My advise is go and have a browse of the hundreds of threads on this subject and then make your choice.

To your first question my answer would be me. To your secound question my answer would be me. To your third question my answer would be i hate football as i'm a rugby chap and buy the way i hate my current induction kit so will be moving to another make.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Gardener @ 23 Feb 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To your first question my answer would be me. To your secound question my answer would be me. To your third question my answer would be i hate football as i'm a rugby chap and buy the way i hate my current induction kit so will be moving to another make.

You kind of prove my point! Thanks

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 24 Feb 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you would have to be some kind of ******* to suck water into the k&n... There's a big undertray protecting it and you shouldn't be trying to cross rivers in it! I travelled in some aweful weather with mine and no problems

i agree. the only reason i would change mine is to get more noise with a ds.
although the cais systems look much neater under the bonnet.
then again the k&n and ds make changing the oil filter an easier task.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 24 Feb 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you would have to be some kind of ******* to suck water into the k&n... There's a big undertray protecting it and you shouldn't be trying to cross rivers in it! I travelled in some aweful weather with mine and no problems

Their are different kinds of nobheads?

I have a [email protected] gen 2 but im hoping when i got to DS i can do a RR before and after changing to the DS.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the Code Red Cais and to be honnest there is very little noise difference and only a small amount of performance difference. Saying that its been snowing all the time since i got the unit fitted

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.