Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i am looking to get a ds map but not sure what as there seems to be sooo many. from what ive read it seems that strategem 7 is the best??? my car has had no mods so far but think a map is the best way to start. if strategem 7 is the way foward how much this badboy gonna cost me???
Any help appreciated xx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You can pick up cheapish 2nd handones in the sales section
I've only just remapped mine and installed it today ... I'm running dsci and it's like a different car ... Pulls sooo much harder now , puts a massive grin on my face driving it now ... I've had my car for just over 12mths and love it but love it more now

I'd try and have a go in another st that's been mapped if possible but it deffo needs to be bought you won't regret it !!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I gought a second hand 5 map ds unit from the for sale section here.

Arrived within 36 hours was well impressed.

I am running race+ the now, the difference is mad but i would say race+ is a very aggressive map.

The good thing with DS is at least you swap between maps a s often as you like tilll you get a map you like.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
If you have a standard car then the 5 map version is best suited as you wont be able to use the other more aggressive maps without other mods.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(james-st @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you have a standard car then the 5 map version is best suited as you wont be able to use the other more aggressive maps without other mods.

eventually im gonna have the fastest st on this forum
so im thinkin should i get a unit that will be able to be used with the car still standard, but also be able to be used when i get intercooler, exhaust and cais?? i dont want to buy one and then have to buy another one once a few mods have been done. im thinkin i can get a ds unit that can be used for both??

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>eventually im gonna have the fastest st on this forum
so im thinkin should i get a unit that will be able to be used with the car still standard, but also be able to be used when i get intercooler, exhaust and cais?? i dont want to buy one and then have to buy another one once a few mods have been done. im thinkin i can get a ds unit that can be used for both??

Come back back you have your figures (and your bank manager owns your ass)!

You can buy the 5 map version for now then get it upgraded by DS as you get the other mods.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>eventually im gonna have the fastest st on this forum

Wise decision then .
You will need the Stratagem 7 then with the Modb Modb+ and ModC.
I have one which I may be selling soon to upgrade to the new DSCI laptop software version.
One thing though the stratagem7 will only work with your car if you have the handset which matches your ECU.
DS can change it but there is a charge, not sure of the amount.
There are 3 types 7BUE 7BUF and 7BUG.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi all. i am looking to get a ds map but not sure what as there seems to be sooo many. from what ive read it seems that strategem 7 is the best??? my car has had no mods so far but think a map is the best way to start. if strategem 7 is the way foward how much this badboy gonna cost me???
Any help appreciated xx

im running dsci. just love it. were abouts in london you from ?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have the DSCI computer version i got it with 5 maps which are great with a unmodded car and modded cars but you can easly upgrade as u get mods i now run Mod C which is a great map but i am also running intercooler exhaust system induction kit which are all really needed but whatever you do you wont be disapointed with any of the maps

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(james-st @ 24 Jan 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wise decision then .
You will need the Stratagem 7 then with the Modb Modb+ and ModC.
I have one which I may be selling soon to upgrade to the new DSCI laptop software version.
One thing though the stratagem7 will only work with your car if you have the handset which matches your ECU.
DS can change it but there is a charge, not sure of the amount.
There are 3 types 7BUE 7BUF and 7BUG.

whats the diffrence in having the handset and new DSCI laptop software version. why will u be upgrading to this?? whats the benefit?? thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I guess its because its easier to upgrade. There is no difference there is no more power from this compared to a handset. If, for instance, you want to upgrade a DS handset to include more maps then you need to post it to DS HQ which will take a few days. where as the laptop can purchase it over t'interweb and get onto the car within about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 25 Jan 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I guess its because its easier to upgrade. There is no difference there is no more power from this compared to a handset. If, for instance, you want to upgrade a DS handset to include more maps then you need to post it to DS HQ which will take a few days. where as the laptop can purchase it over t'interweb and get onto the car within about 10 minutes.

do they both cost the same? whats the diffrence in price?? it seems having it on the laptop would save a journey back to hull, once i get a few mods... but, if theres a big diffrence in price, i would drive back to hull to get it upgraded to mod b etc

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do they both cost the same? whats the diffrence in price?? it seems having it on the laptop would save a journey back to hull, once i get a few mods... but, if theres a big diffrence in price, i would drive back to hull to get it upgraded to mod b etc

No, to upgrade you post it to them. DS dont actually sell the handsets now its either the software or a DashDaq. Getting a handset second hand is the cheapest way.

Handset is about £250, software closer to £475 (for the one worth having, top one is £675) and DashDaq is closer to £625, the dreamscience site has all the options.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 25 Jan 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats the diffrence in having the handset and new DSCI laptop software version. why will u be upgrading to this?? whats the benefit?? thanks

i'm just upgrading to the newer version, just easier as you can download what maps you want and not have to send the whole unit back for new maps etc.
Also you can download add ons like auto locking etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(james-st @ 25 Jan 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i'm just upgrading to the newer version, just easier as you can download what maps you want and not have to send the whole unit back for new maps etc.
Also you can download add ons like auto locking etc.

would it be worth seeing if dreamscience could do a lil deal on bulk buys for the latest version. it seems alot of ppl are looking to upgrade and even if they only knock £50 off its still a saving!!! come on dreamscience u no it makes sense..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts