Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi all, hoping to get an exhaust soon but was wondering what the best exhaust for pops and bangs would be l.

I have a Milltek 3" decat and downpipe so would like a 3" system.

I was going to get the new kms one but can't seem to get hold of anyone and I need it Friday latest.

I was looking at piper but looking at the centre pipe I can see that losing the pops and bangs and just being loud...

Any ideas? Also I have looked on YouTube but you can't tell on there it all depends on the camera, if the car is hot and other things.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i got full miltek and i get plenty of pops and bangs with it, cant speak for any other as miltek is the only one ive had on it,, but i get more than enough,, and not noisy when driving either, its nice and quiet until i want the noise

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I saw a clip on YouTube of a Remus exhaust that sounded very nice
don't know where you'd get one from though?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
What about the new Section 59 exhaust that Collins have brought out?
It's not my cup of tea but sounds like it may be what your after.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
I am on race plus, once the clutch is sorted it will be on dsci

piper is sounding tempting but modified slightly

http://pumabuild.com/pumacat/product_info.php?cPath=183_217&products_id=2093

It's the back box bit I don't like, I'd rather the two seperate pipes with their own silencers, I can see that back box stopping bangs/flames
You'll still get pop, bangs and flames with piper, it doesn't matter how the back box is. At the end of the day you still get pops from the standard exhaust and that's a fairly big back box. In regards to flames its usually to do with the map you run.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I have a dreamscience catback on a custom cat and dump, replaced the middle muffler with a 16" hotdog, running a bunch of mods including RS injectors and Pumaspeed U412 map. It bangs and pops like crazy.

The pops are usually because the ECU retards ignition timing as soon as you lift off, so the combustion mixture ignites later and is still burning as it leaves the turbo. Very free flowing exhaust will let you hear it heaps, but big maps that run safely rich make bigger bangs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a dreamscience catback on a custom cat and dump, replaced the middle muffler with a 16" hotdog, running a bunch of mods including RS injectors and Pumaspeed U412 map. It bangs and pops like crazy.

The pops are usually because the ECU retards ignition timing as soon as you lift off, so the combustion mixture ignites later and is still burning as it leaves the turbo. Very free flowing exhaust will let you hear it heaps, but big maps that run safely rich make bigger bangs.
Do you have any pics or vids buddy? I was thinking about doing something similar with the milltek.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Haven't done a vid for a while, last one was on a dreamscience map and the vid is not much good. Must do a new one sometime.

I think Jared at DS has completely de-resed his own exhaust.

The Pumaspeed exhaust looks like a DS with no rear cans, it will sound mental. It could have the middle muffler replaced with a hotdog same as DS one. That will be basically as loud as you will get.

Mine bangs so much it makes me laugh. It sounds like driving a race car through the streets.

BTW, disregard the standard looking muffler, I had a lower muffler shell welded under my DS to hide it.

https://www.youtube....ed/XgEiLsAPiJk"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts