Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at work my colleagues and I were discussing the best choice of car for after the apocalypse. Which is no doubt coming.

Not sure what form it will take, A Mad Max style Nuclear Winter in the wastelands? Walking Dead/28 days later Zombie Apocalypse.

I believe it will be a Zombie Apocalypse. So assuming I survive the Apocalypse what transport will I need? I am not sure the ST is ideal in this situation. Somewhat thirsty relative to other vehicles - it just is not here to argue that!! - Not too much room for friends especially in ST-3 form.

In Mad Max they choose mainly V8 Fords and Holdens plus some whacky self builds with Nitro. I wonder if this is the best choice with fuel shortages etc.

Walking Dead has a motley assortment of pickups and even a Hyundai.

28 days later the heroes escape in a London Cab a poor choice if you ask me!

Personally my Choice would probably be a VW transporter/Mercedes sprinter. Nice solid reliable efficient engine, plenty of space inside for sleeping and good handling characteristics for running over and escaping zombies.

Cost is not a factor as I will simply steal the vehicle from someone who hasn't survived.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Paramount Marauder.

The Marauder's double-skin monocoque hull provides protection against projectiles up to STANAG 4569 Level III for the crew compartment.[sup][5][/sup]
The Marauder's payload capacity allows for the fitting of various defence and weapons systems, including light and medium-calibre machine guns, cannon weapon installations, and missile launchers, as well as command, surveillance, and control systems. The vehicle can be configured such that mortars may be fired from the payload platform.[sup][6]
[/sup]

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It has to be the Marauder that Richard Hammond drove on Top Gear. A little hard to find one in the UK though and even harder to get to South Africa where they are made.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
It has to be the Marauder that Richard Hammond drove on Top Gear. A little hard to find one in the UK though and even harder to get to South Africa where they are made.
That's true. Didn't they also drive something that had it's own oxygen generation system and enough space for lots of rifles? I'm sure they drove it through something......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Weirdly me and a mate at work had the same conversation not to long back! I opted for the local old bills riot van, nice and big, goes along way on a tank of diesel, has plexiglass windows so no zombies pounding on them will break them and a metal guard across the front window.

+ I figured you could also use the cage in the back as a steril area if required to get in and out.

At the end of the day failing to plan is planning to fail!!!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Paramount Marauder would be a good choice if fuel is easily obtained. But I feel the best choice would be a jet pack and to live on a island in the middle of a lake full of crocodiles. With the jetpack you can stay up high and go from building top to building top. and like in GTA San-andreas you can carry double uzi 9mm

·
Registered
265 Posts
Without a doubt has to be K.I.T.T. he can run on any fuel source has a molecular bonded shell and can also talk to you also has a cool red sweeping light even though his voice is a bit
!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Anything that's tough and can run over any type of ground and has great fuel efficiency (quite would also be a bonus). Oh and the Apocalypse will be Zombies no doubt about it just need to keep stocked on Zombie killing weapons now then *wanders to the shed for axes and the like*

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
me and my mate have been chatting about this to

those with out a plan are BAIT lol.

mine would be a scania topliner with a big freezer trailer to keep all my food in.the cab has a sun roof which is a good place to shoot
zombies from and a bed and it will run any thing over or out the way.

if i cant have 1 of them then it would be 1 of my buses from work and do a bit of Ateam style work on it to turn it in to mad max style bus lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anything that's tough and can run over any type of ground and has great fuel efficiency (quite would also be a bonus). Oh and the Apocalypse will be Zombies no doubt about it just need to keep stocked on Zombie killing weapons now then *wanders to the shed for axes and the like*
Have been unable to read this thread recently as I've been preparing for the end of civilisation according to the mayan calendar. That danger has now passed so back to worrying about zombies.

The ultimate zombie killing device has to be the crossbow that Daryl has in Walking dead... Quiet accurate, re-usable. my fave weapon when I used to play Half Life online too.

Really appreciated the suggestion of a police riot van. Full marks that man ;-) Hadn't thought of that one.

Not so sure about the marauder, sure it's cool, sure it's durable but I am worried about maintainability and fuel economy. Plus I'll have to go to South Africa first to get one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts