Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from AMD in Thurrock, Essex after a entertaining day with another club i am in.

Only had the
a month so havent done much to it yet other than Bluefin (stage 1) and must say i was over the moon with the outcome!

274.1 bhp and 357.7 lb/ft.

There was a new RS there that made 370 bhp and 450lb/ft

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(craney @ 28 Feb 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got back from AMD in Thurrock, Essex after a entertaining day with another club i am in.

Only had the
a month so havent done much to it yet other than Bluefin (stage 1) and must say i was over the moon with the outcome!

274.1 bhp and 357.7 lb/ft.

There was a new RS there that made 370 bhp and 450lb/ft

What has he done to it? Attached a rocket? Seems a very high figure for an RS.

Good figures for your BF stage 1, which club did you go with??

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 28 Feb 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What has he done to it? Attached a rocket? Seems a very high figure for an RS.

Not sure what that RS had but there was 2 others with bluefin, decat, cat back exhausts and uprated intercoolers, they made between 245 and 250bhp not sure on the torque?

Yeah i was very happy with that! It was with FFOC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So is your car standard only with Bluefin stage 1 as a mod?
If so then your getting more from that than they say you should, and your getting more than other people with Bluefin and other mods?

Am I right in thinking thats a bit high? If you've only got bluefin stage 1 and your getting those figures that is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
552 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 28 Feb 2010, 03:55 PM) What has he done to it? Attached a rocket? Seems a very high figure for an RS.

Not sure what that RS had but there was 2 others with bluefin, decat, cat back exhausts and uprated intercoolers, they made between 245 and 250bhp not sure on the torque?

Yeah i was very happy with that! It was with FFOC.
FFOC? thought that rolling road day was last month? missed that:( otherwise I would of gone as well lol.

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
So is your car standard only with Bluefin stage 1 as a mod?
If so then your getting more from that than they say you should, and your getting more than other people with Bluefin and other mods?

Am I right in thinking thats a bit high? If you've only got bluefin stage 1 and your getting those figures that is pretty awesome!
Rolling Roads can be a bit of a lottery sometimes. Unless they're regularly calibrated then the results can vary and may not be 100% indicative of true power. My completely standard ST put out 254.6 BHP and 259 lb/ft in February which I thought was a tad much for a standard car.
If your car does have a power output like that for a mod like Bluefin then
, maybe your engine came out the factory on a good day (If you do have a secret set up, please let us all know
)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Crikey 370 ! from the same engine as is in the ST ?
i was thinking the same,if they are the exact same engine and you can take an
RS to 370 brake,then why do people say you will melt the engine if you took the ST to the same power,cant understand it myself. perhaps someone will be along thats more educated than me and explain it all.

BTW thats good power from a stage 1 bluefin,but i think the torque rating may bit a little out.have you got the graph.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
RS to 370 brake,then why do people say you will melt the engine if you took the ST to the same power,cant understand it myself. perhaps someone will be along thats more educated than me and explain it all.

BTW thats good power from a stage 1 bluefin,but i think the torque rating may bit a little out.have you got the graph.
Glad it's not just me then
it works out as a 64% increase in power from the same engine !

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
The engine is not exactly the same Gents . The way in which the liner is cast into the block is different and so are the con rods , maybe even the crankshaft and the pistons !!!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Nice figures for just a bluefin, you must be well pleased with that.

Not sure what the rating is for the rs block, but that must be pretty near its limit, i would think. But 450lbft is monster torque!!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
The engine is not exactly the same Gents . The way in which the liner is cast into the block is different and so are the con rods , maybe even the crankshaft and the pistons !!!!
I thought the liners are just hardened, not cast differently ? but would be interesting to see the graph and see where the power comes in, top end i think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts