Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title say I have been at pumabuild to fit rs injectors and do power run. On rollers done only 285bhp and 330 lb/ft and get clutch slip on my way back home. Car feels much more responsive and holds boost much better but why only 285bhp? Any thoughts?

Running modx, cais,IC, full exhaust

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Maybe a RR that gives slightly lower figures.
Maybe you've not had enough time for the car to "learn" the RS injectors.
Or as stated, maybe the clutch slip isn't helping.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe a RR that gives slightly lower figures.
Maybe you've not had enough time for the car to "learn" the RS injectors.
Or as stated, maybe the clutch slip isn't helping.
Just thinking cause the car was put on the rollers after fitting with all the engine, esp, abs ligths on.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Just thinking cause the car was put on the rollers after fitting with all the engine, esp, abs ligths on.
Why were the engine, ESP and ABS lights on?
ESP light might be on (as they should force it to turn off the ESP), but ABS and engine lights shouldn't be on I don't think.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Why were the engine, ESP and ABS lights on?
ESP light might be on (as they should force it to turn off the ESP), but ABS and engine lights shouldn't be on I don't think.
Pumabuild aren't cowboys, what they up to. Did they not disconnect the battery and give everything a fresh start?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Because its a rolling road, not a real road.

People need to stop being so hung up on figures that vary wildly between different rollers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pumabuild aren't cowboys, what they up to. Did they not disconnect the battery and give everything a fresh start?
They disconnect the battery for sure but did they do it for fitting injectors or after I dont know. Car was on the rollers when I came inside and esp, abs and brake light were on.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
And they said you shouldn't expect more than 285? Did they try and sell one of their maps to you?

Considering they sell a "Stage 4" package for £1,850 and say you will get 300bhp from it, which consists of less performance upgrades than what you have does not make sense.

Their package for 300bhp is - ECU upgrade, Cat-back exhaust system ONLY, Intercooler and an Induction Kit.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
IS 285bhp the flywheel power? If so, maybe slightly down, if it's at the wheels, then pretty damn good I'd say!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They would do.

ModX is not
, so don't believe that.
I dont. I love it. After rs injectors fitted it is like small rocket extra turbo thrust. It holds 1bar at 5000rpm. Maybe more but was to scared to watch

Plan is now to fit rs clutch and try RR again. At dreamscience

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Have you got the graphs of the rolling road? Or do you know what the temps where at the time if the run ?

Pumabuild aren't cowboys but will always put their products in front of others like all tuners will and do!

·
Registered
647 Posts
i dont know pumabuild but have heard horror stories and very high praises of them maybe they thought you knew about the clutch slip and said you wont get more than 285 taking the slip into account

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont know pumabuild but have heard horror stories and very high praises of them maybe they thought you knew about the clutch slip and said you wont get more than 285 taking the slip into account
I got cluch slip after fitting injectors on my way back home. Did not notice clutch slip on the way to pumabuild

1 - 20 of 57 Posts