Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys..

To cut a yarn of a story short lol, I'd had a couple of problems with the car, The alternator packed up and to top it all off my mate gave me a hand cos i'd not long broke one of my ribs, that very morning infact but thats another story!!, Needless to say neither of had checked whether the other had fit the Boost hose(s) back properly after having to remove them.. We hadn't
And i ended up replacing the small one that goes to the recirculating valve which i had damaged removing it and the bigger one that it joins that comes from the intercooler had not gone into place properly and got butchered by the jubilee clip..

So i treated myself to a nice new Pro-alloy one!!

Unfortunately didnt get a pic of it fitted..

So it would have been rude not to get a DS induction kit while i had the bonnet open and some parts removed..

Other than that i have been on a bit of a mission to create some more airflow to feed that big K&N filter, A little while back i replaced all my bumper grilles with nice new grilles finished off in Audi Daytona Grey, Well i got hold of a new lower centre grille and a nsf grille too & as soon as i had them in my grasps i took to them with a drill and a file.

Drilled some holes into the nsf foglamp grille

The original grille has the top intakes capped off from behind!!, Not anymore pmsl..

So of course i had them painted after some good quality time making them look kind of propper lol, I got the car into work and got cracking...

Just a glorified air brake.

Why ohh why didnt Ford have the top bits open too lol..

Cut and trimmed out the bumper..

New and old grilles..

Continued..

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Carrying on..

Not bad considering that i didnt even draw out a template.

Better..

Next up was the lower centre grille..

Anyway so cutting out the holes was only half the job, There is also a crossmember blocking out the airflow behind the grille too lol, Well not anymore lol..

Cut away a small section of the flange on the crossmember..

Continued..

Thanks - Phil

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carrying on..

Masked up!!

Primed..

Offering up the grille..

Black stonechip..

Much better..

Continued..

Thanks - Phil

·
Registered
389 Posts
Continued..

As they should have been done in the 1st place lol

So that was all the grilles sorted, On with the DS induction kit!! Gonna save you from bogging down your PC even more by leaving out all the pics of it being fitted lol.. Also Focus RS ECU Covers

Thats it for now, Next thing on the list will be a Vibra-Technic Mount and then a full exhaust system but thats gonna be a long way off while i save up for it all

Thanks for looking - Phil

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Looks great mate !! ..

Good idea with the crossmember !! Cut my grill out many moons ago , but not the crossmember !!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 23 Jan 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow you have been busy with your ST

Looks damned good too - well done

QUOTE(Orange Man @ 23 Jan 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Been a busy busy bee it looks good

QUOTE(RIK @ 23 Jan 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks great mate !! ..

Good idea with the crossmember !! Cut my grill out many moons ago , but not the crossmember !!

Thanks Guys..

Really happy with it all, Seems to work well too

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
234 Posts
[quote name='philbotley' date='23 Jan 2010, 06:19 PM' post='647236']
Continued..

Hi just wondered how you cut the above and what with?

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very nice work but i have a question. Will you not get water at the filting truought the fog lamp? Alse the is some wiring there.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Good work!
Really looks good Phil! Is it just the angle of the photos or does the filter on the DS induction kit actually hang lower down than on the K&N kit?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts