Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
QUOTE(big kev @ 21 Nov 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>fitted mine today but have noticed it isnt very loud i know under these bonnets there is a load of sound deadining which doesnt help has any one else found this
had a puma speed dump valve fitted and it sound awsome

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
QUOTE(big kev @ 21 Nov 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>fitted mine today but have noticed it isnt very loud i know under these bonnets there is a load of sound deadining which doesnt help has any one else found this

take the sound deadning off mate makes a big differance

·
Registered
298 Posts
QUOTE(big kev @ 21 Nov 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>am going to ring baileys monday and see if i can run the dv 36 with the trumpet and see if its any louder

I think the main problem is as stated earlier. The standard ST runs a fairly low amount of boost, and as the boost pressure 'drives' the dump-valve you will struggle to make it sound any louder.

This is the reason why I haven't fitted one yet - need to get the car mapped first!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.