Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut long story short , 5 months ago had piper turbo back fitted by pumabuild,(top blokes)about 5/6 weeks ago had a annoying rattle noise at 2.5k and was told by pumabuild it was the baffles in the back box...GREAT! But because it was only 5 months old they changed it for me free of charge and sent the old one to piper.... Now had this new piper Backbox for 3 weeks and it making the noise again!!!!!!...... Great!! ......how loud would my exhaust be without Backbox and just have 3" straight to tail pipes????

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well last time i had the backbox changed it stop making the noise ... And checked heat shield :-(
Are there any other mounts/hangers that could be causing it?

My turbo back Mongoose rattled the heat shield when I first got it. Gone away now.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
By law you must have a silencer on, it's not like the decat as they're hidden away and don't make too much noise difference when you're driving sensibly. A straight through is insanely loud!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Bd performance offer there own designed exhaust that's basically a straight through with a middle silencer so no backbox, I asked how loud it was without the middle section and it was 125db+.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Bd performance offer there own designed exhaust that's basically a straight through with a middle silencer so no backbox, I asked how loud it was without the middle section and it was 125db+.
Jesus Christ. Think that might just get you some attention off the fuzz! That's actually ear damagingly loud!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Yep I was quite partial to trying it
,but since having my standard system de-resd I've gone off the idea, plus I doubt my neighbours/entire estate would like it lol.
Have you got a decat too? The standard system + deres+ decat is about as loud as I'd go to be honest.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Have you got a decat too? The standard system + deres+ decat is about as loud as I'd go to be honest.
Nope just deres atm, starting to think its a tad quiet or I'm becoming deaf. Sports cat is next and possibly a piper cat back, that should satisfy me lol.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Nope just deres atm, starting to think its a tad quiet or I'm becoming deaf. Sports cat is next and possibly a piper cat back, that should satisfy me lol.
I barely noticed any difference with just the deres, slightly louder on startup and under load, but idling and cruising were no different.
Perfect comparison:
[media]http://youtu.be/NwTsAOjgzy0

I keep thinking about what cat-back I would want to have. I love the sound of the Mongoose system, but not sure if it would be too quiet compared to what I have now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts