Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
The boot badges are stuck on - depending on how old your car is and how dirty it has got then it may leave a distinctive 'focus' and 'ST' shadow. I took the 'focus' lettering off and it left a slight shadow of where the muck had gradually stained the paint work. It is very slight but I just used grease cleaner to get most of it off then gently T-cut it. After a week or so it had gone.

As for the wing badges, once removed there is a hole where the indicator is on other models but I have seen someone on here had took them off, filled in the gap then had that wing re-sprayed so its not simple.

Hope that helps.

P.S. To remove the lettering use a hair dryer to soften the glue behind the lettering and then VERY CAREFULLY prise them off and dont use anything other than your fingers.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
I removed the Focus lettering from the boot of mine using some dental floss (
). I simply put the floss down behind each letter and used a sort of 'sawing' action to get each one off. They came off easy enough with no hair dryer in sight. I then used some 'Bug and Tar Remover' spray and it got rid of all the sticky residue. I can't tell that the Focus was ever there now.

I've also removed the wing badges but I did repalce them with some other badges. Here is a link to my topic which shows what is left behind when you take the wing badges off a pre-facelift
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Removing-R...ges-t52662.html

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 3 Feb 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I removed the Focus lettering from the boot of mine using some dental floss (
). I simply put the floss down behind each letter and used a sort of 'sawing' action to get each one off. They came off easy enough with no hair dryer in sight. I then used some 'Bug and Tar Remover' spray and it got rid of all the sticky residue. I can't tell that the Focus was ever there now.

Did pretty much the same myself only I used fishing line and it worked very well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(craig y21 @ 6 Feb 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yer if you open your eyes be for you mouth! then you can see that i aint got e n badges on the back of my car.

If you're going to take Gav's light hearted comment to task, then at least write in English...

To the OP - not sure about the wing badges but using dental floss for the rear as per Donna's post is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
QUOTE(craig y21 @ 6 Feb 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yer if you open your eyes be for you mouth! then you can see that i aint got e n badges on the back of my car.
Oh dear

Gav wasnt referring to your post anyway, as he clearly stated, he was referring to the thread title. Get a grip fella, the world isnt against you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.