Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my ST3 a couple of weeks ago. Drove 450 miles home and not had it 24 hours before some person hit the drivers door and no got a lovely dent in side. Think thats bad parked in Morrison the day after no one around so thought safe as house. Came out and drivers wing mirror hanging by cable loom. Anyway can anyone let me know or send instructions for fitting new mirror. Ford trying to charge a fortune but canrt be that hard?? Will join full member site when i get home.
Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
hi mate .
sorry to hear your cars been damaged,not so bad if you do it yourself but when others do it well thats another matter.
i know this sounds selfish but i either park well over the back of car parks so out of the way or i take up two spaces so as to not get in your situation.
join the club ,best £10:00 youl spend as opens up a wealth of info and youl save money should you decide to start modding the car .

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
If there's not to much damage to the mirror housing you should be able to push it back into place?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hiya, as for the wing mirror if you need the whole unit look on ebay as my mrs reversed our
out of the garage and ripped the wing mirror off
Ford tried to charge us £150!! And off ebay we got one for about £60 all in and it fitted and looks exactly the same. Hope this helps.

Oh and welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(alanandnicky @ 13 Feb 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hiya, as for the wing mirror if you need the whole unit look on ebay as my mrs reversed our
out of the garage and ripped the wing mirror off
Ford tried to charge us £150!! And off ebay we got one for about £60 all in and it fitted and looks exactly the same. Hope this helps.

Oh and welcome to the club!!

Thanks for the welcome. Managed to get full mirror from Mr Wingmirror Man. £60 brand new with Ford part number?? Did try pushing back into place but internal spring has shot up in hosuing and fixing was cracked so it would just come off again. I pressume its just a case of removing internal plastic cove form door and removing bolts etc. Only bit bothering me is not damaging plastic inside. Must be a knack or tool for removing plastic cover i would have thought??
Knowing my luck probably break that
bit,lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my bad luck continues. ST continues to perform well and just out of warranty. Funny thing could of sworn it should not expire until 31st of March. Anyway has any one else come across this problem. When just getting above 70 mph about 12 to 18 inches of the top windscreen rubber comes pops out and make one hell of a racket. Starting to think I have bought a donkey?? MOT getting carried out this weekend hopefully and my mate who i should have taken with me when i bought car is going to give it a full inspection. Any reason why apart from not being installed following a smash etc should this pop out all the time. If any one has a similar story please let me know. Depending on results of MOY and Inspection will make me decide to keep what is other wise a great car??
Mark.

·
Registered
293 Posts
where did ya get your mirror from as i had a accident this morn pulling it out the garage . passenger side mirror and plastics in bits . 58 plate st

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where did ya get your mirror from as i had a accident this morn pulling it out the garage . passenger side mirror and plastics in bits . 58 plate st
Full wing mirror with wiring loom, indicator and plastic cover un-painted for £60. Think for an extra tenner you can get correct piant. www.wingmirrorman.co.uk very good and delivery in a couple of days. cant complain at all. my mate changing out today so dont know how difficult it is to chnage. probably need door panel off? hope this helps better than paying ford prices anyway.
Mark

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Well my bad luck continues. ST continues to perform well and just out of warranty. Funny thing could of sworn it should not expire until 31st of March. Anyway has any one else come across this problem. When just getting above 70 mph about 12 to 18 inches of the top windscreen rubber comes pops out and make one hell of a racket. Starting to think I have bought a donkey?? MOT getting carried out this weekend hopefully and my mate who i should have taken with me when i bought car is going to give it a full inspection. Any reason why apart from not being installed following a smash etc should this pop out all the time. If any one has a similar story please let me know. Depending on results of MOY and Inspection will make me decide to keep what is other wise a great car??
Mark.
Mine does that and it just has be stuck back in with some glue taped and left over night.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Matey it will all work out in the end and your car will be as it was when you first picked it up...just a word of advice,by all means park well out of the way in a supermarket ect(I do) but do not take up two spaces,you will be just attracting attention...my work collegue did the same in his 57 plate scooby and some :censored: keyed the bonnet and he got a ticket for parking incorrectly,this was in an Asdas car park!

·
Registered
41 Posts
OMG I feel for you fella, I had my EO St delivered to me on my 40th bday and a week later a 24 year girl drove into my drivers door, She siad she did not see me ( Yeah Right ), Still having an issue with the issurance company has the repair that has been done is :censored: and the car needs to be resprayed, When you look at the car in the night light it is 2 differenet colours, Then over Xmas someone put my Rear screen in with a brick, So i really do feel for you, It does get better not Fingers crossed had any issue for a couple of months.

Anyway welcome and it will be the best £10 you ever spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts