Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Have you got the standard ariel?

If it's shortend or have an after market one like a Richbrook that can have a negative impact.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I've heard that they can get a bit corroded at the base - a bad connection will cause reception issues. You can get to it by taking out the dome light.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The aerial has 3 point where it connects. First is the back of the radio. Second is behind the trim on the drivers a post near the top of the dash and the third is the roof. I would check the apost connector first as I have come across a few that have been hanging out of the plug

·
Registered
7 Posts
The aerial has 3 point where it connects. First is the back of the radio. Second is behind the trim on the drivers a post near the top of the dash and the third is the roof. I would check the apost connector first as I have come across a few that have been hanging out of the plug
I had really bad radio reception and checked the door pillar connection. It looked ok, but I disconnected and reconnecting it and the radio reception has improved 100%. Cheers chris quick easy fix for somthing which has been bothering me since I got the Car!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
if you guys cant fix these, especially for am radio reception, i've managed to fix afew that have come into us at ford.
check the other things people have said and if it doesnt work let me know and i'll write my way up and take afew pics

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah my MW reception is shocking, always get a really annoying noise which i can only describe as that noise that computer modems used to make before broadband.

Wierdly I had a Honda Accord before the ST that had the same issue, the missus's Qashqai has no issue.

FM is fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if you guys cant fix these, especially for am radio reception, i've managed to fix afew that have come into us at ford.
check the other things people have said and if it doesnt work let me know and i'll write my way up and take afew pics
Hi Casper,
Could you provide the write up as I've had no luck with the 3 connection points.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Here's one for you I get this on my van and car and found it to be my InCar charger. Apparently cheap ones affect the grounding.
Try unplugging it see if it makes a difference does on mine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts