Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
What do you use to make ur tires go a nice shiney black? i used to have this awsome spay on stuff a few years back but cant find it anymore! most of the stuff i have used have been utter
The finish of ur tires/alloys really make ur car stand out

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
After trying most of the more expensive tyre dressing products such as Meg's,Poorboys etc I have went back to the old faithful of Turtle Wax Wet and Black no difference whatsoever between it and the products at 3 times the price.

It's available in every Asda for about £3.50 in the spray bottle form

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
DONT use a spray it gets everywhere
DONT use anything thats too runny it will spray up the side of car

use megs endurance tyre gel. it lasts for ages and even afetr a wash its still there. the bottle lasts months and months and use a proper aplicator/sponge to apply it...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
i use megs endurance tyre gel n i apply it with a small piece of sponge then once ive done all tyres i go round again and give the a light wipe over to remove any excess

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 20 Feb 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After trying most of the more expensive tyre dressing products such as Meg's,Poorboys etc I have went back to the old faithful of Turtle Wax Wet and Black no difference whatsoever between it and the products at 3 times the price.

It's available in every Asda for about £3.50 in the spray bottle form

I use this one as well and find it does the job just fine (even if it does smell like Pledge furniture polish!)

And yes being a spray it does go all over your wheels, but I just give them a quick wipeover, and then find that the residue that it leaves on the actual wheel makes it easier to clean the muck off

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 20 Feb 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I use this one as well and find it does the job just fine (even if it does smell like Pledge furniture polish!)

And yes being a spray it does go all over your wheels, but I just give them a quick wipeover, and then find that the residue that it leaves on the actual wheel makes it easier to clean the muck off

It is in spray form but I don't spray it on,just spray it on a small sponge and apply it then much tidier that way

Also I am not in the habit of sniffing my tyres

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 20 Feb 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is in spray form but I don't spray it on,just spray it on a small sponge and apply it then much tidier that way

Also I am not in the habit of sniffing my tyres

Good thinking that man, I'll try it your way next time!

And as for the tyre sniffing...

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 20 Feb 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i use megs endurance tyre gel n i apply it with a small piece of sponge then once ive done all tyres i go round again and give the a light wipe over to remove any excess

Thats what I use, leave for a while then buff off with a mf cloth.

Use one of these to make sure it goes on the tyres and not the wheels.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-t...r/prod_340.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.