Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow
people

I've got to buy a new baby seat (she's now 9month)
anyone got any tips for which one is best for the ST?

has it got Isofix points !?!?!

thanks for help

·
Registered
481 Posts
You are really opening a can of worms here As everyone has there own opinion. I have a Recaro in mine at moment but i have also used Britax with no problems

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have a pair of graco car seats, they are non ISOFIX, as far as am aware the focus does have ISOFIX points in the rear outer two seats.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
What ever you go for make sur eit is ISO-fix, even if your does not have them (pre facelifts), you can buy the brackets from Fraud for about £20 a side and are easy to fit (do not used plastic location guids once fitted, they streatch the fabric/leather and not needed)

I had a Britax for Lucas and it was good (we have a LCR at the time and the one form SEAT was cheaper and had a better cover, check what fraud are offering) and now he is in the next size up, we have gone for recaro as it fits better in the sculptured seats (ST3)

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,193 Posts
I think you are asking the wrong question.

You should be researching what is the best baby seat for protecting your baby - not what is the best seat to go in an ST.

I recall recently seeing a baby seat at around 50% off, but a little research revealed it to be a very poor performer.

Maxi-cosi always seem to get good test results - and make sure if you go for isofix that if your baby has to go in a car with no isofix fittings (usually older cars) that it will still fit otherwise you might either have to buy another seat or restrict the cars that can transport the baby.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(Dabhand16 @ 22 Feb 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you are asking the wrong question.You should be researching what is the best baby seat for protecting your baby - not what is the best seat to go in an ST.I recall recently seeing a baby seat at around 50% off, but a little research revealed it to be a very poor performer.Maxi-cosi always seem to get good test results - and make sure if you go for isofix that if your baby has to go in a car with no isofix fittings (usually older cars) that it will still fit otherwise you might either have to buy another seat or restrict the cars that can transport the baby.I would disagre, this is a fair question as not all seats fit properly in all cars (especially the ST3) so this is a very good question.I however agree the real priority is safety when all thing are considered, I however did not include cost as a consideration/an issue, get the best you can.When we got Lucas' first seats only Britax had Isofix, there are a lot more out there now but as Dabhand says make sure they can still be fitted with a standard seat belt (the Britax and Recaro's can)also supagard it just incase and accident occurs, we have done all of Lucas's seat and they are all like new

1 - 7 of 7 Posts