Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Can't see why not.
If your car has the ISOFIX brackets you could fit it using those also.
But I think you need the base for the seat which is extra.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you think it will fit with just the seat belt extension? because i do not have a isofix bracket in the car at the moment, do you know how much it would cost to have it fitted?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
So do you think it will fit with just the seat belt extension? because i do not have a isofix bracket in the car at the moment, do you know how much it would cost to have it fitted?

Thanks
You can retrofit ISOFIX, but not sure on costs. It's been put on here before.
It's not going to be the cheaper option, but I think it's safer.

Threads on here suggest the ISOFIX brackets for the ST are only about £15-20.
Not sure how much the base for the seat is going to be though.
Best bet is going to be to go into a shop and try it in the car.
As you have an ST3, they don't have a flat rear bench like the others.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks, ill get in touch with Ford to see how much it will cost to have it fitted, and will post the price when i find out. :-D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, do you have any pictures of what it looks like in the car by any chance? as i have something like a steel U shaped bracket inbetween the seat and back rest. Do you know what this is?

·
No Parking
1,046 Posts
I retro-fitted isofix in my ST3, £30 from ford for both sides.

I use a maxi cosi system and the base was about £120 but very easy to use, literally clunk/click!

With the bench seats in the ST3 I found the seat belt too short to go around the car seat, but didn't try with a belt extender.

If you've got the u shaped bracket it might be isofix without the plastic guide, I don't use the plastic bits on mine as they mark the leather.

If you can wait an hour il take a photo when I got out to mine.

Dan

·
No Parking
1,046 Posts
Here you go mate, hope this helps.

Isofix in place without the plastic guides, just peeking out from between seat and back.

Couch Comfort Textile Purple Pink

Automotive lighting Automotive design Grey Material property Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

Sorry they are round the wrong way, I'm on the iPhone and can't turn them.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I retro fitted iso fix mounting points in my and the wife's focus. Cost 15 pound from ford in parts. I bet they charge an hours labour even though it takes me 30mins to do one at most, and that includes having a coffee.

We have moved onto the second stage seats now but I'd definitely recommend isofix for the new born seat as the seat is constantly in and out of the car and when its raining etc you want to be able to drop the seat into the base and go, not mess with seatbelts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks that's really helpful especially the pictures i thought that metal thing sticking up from the base of seat was the isofix bracket.lol
i will go to ford in the week and get bits and fit them myself.

many thanks

Andy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dont strap a child in a car seat by seatbelt! There just so lose, and i personally dont think its safe..

At the end of the day, your child's safety is paramount, if it cost £10 or £100 to have ISOFIX mounting points fitted it makes no difference..

I would never buy a car now without ISOFIX, we have got it in both our ST and Cooper S, for my 2yr old..

Both ours had Maxi-Cosi EasyFix Bases fitted, but moved up to Maxi-Cosi Toddler Base, which has seat fixed to it, don't have any problems in either car even with bucket seats in Cooper S

A friend of ours retro fitted his, took him about 20-25 min and there solid as a rock! Defo the way to go..

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I retrofitted it also in my st. The bracket from eBay was about £10 and about 20 mins to fit. I've got the recaro setup in mine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dont strap a child in a car seat by seatbelt! There just so lose, and i personally dont think its safe..

At the end of the day, your child's safety is paramount, if it cost £10 or £100 to have ISOFIX mounting points fitted it makes no difference..

I would never buy a car now without ISOFIX, we have got it in both our ST and Cooper S, for my 2yr old..

Both ours had Maxi-Cosi EasyFix Bases fitted, but moved up to Maxi-Cosi Toddler Base, which has seat fixed to it, don't have any problems in either car even with bucket seats in Cooper S

A friend of ours retro fitted his, took him about 20-25 min and there solid as a rock! Defo the way to go..
We have a recaro young expert in our ST-2. It has not got isofix and the seat is solid. It does not budge. There is a good way of doing it. Fit the seat and belt as per instructions. Then before tightening the belt, I had the mrs sit in the seat. I then pulled the belt through tight and locked it into position. Perfecto!! Used this same technique to fit the same style seat in our Merc ML and my company Insignia. All fit very tight and do not move at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts